Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (80 Viewers)

I used to love going out on NYE when I was in my late teens, and probably early 20s. However, once I started working NYE nights, especially later in my 20s when I was bartending, I quickly learned that it's amateur night out, and I'm now perfectly fine with staying at home and having beverages in the safety of my house.
Not only is it amateur hour, but places are PACKED with them. Then, places that would normally charge a $5 cover charge $20 and try to justify it by passing out glasses of cheap champagne at midnight. Fork that. I either stay home or attend a get-together at a friend's place.

I actually kind of hate NYE(and 4th of July, for that matter) because my dog is terrified of fireworks(and thunder). He just shakes uncontrollably and keeps trying to find a room where he feels safe. This year I was able to get him a sedative from a relative that works at a vet. I've had to check on this dog multiple times just to make sure he's still alive because he's been so super chill. I've heard him shake a few times when stuff has gone off nearby, but for the most part, this might be his best NYE.

I actually kind of hate NYE(and 4th of July, for that matter) because my dog is terrified of fireworks(and thunder). He just shakes uncontrollably and keeps trying to find a room where he feels safe. This year I was able to get him a sedative from a relative that works at a vet. I've had to check on this dog multiple times just to make sure he's still alive because he's been so super chill. I've heard him shake a few times when stuff has gone off nearby, but for the most part, this might be his best NYE.
When I was young I had beagles that were "gun shy". Meaning as soon as a gun went off they went runni g for cover. The way I broke them was I would tie them up and shoot the gun then give them a treat. Didn't take long and they would associate the gun with a treat. Then I would take them hunting and every time we got a rabbit they got a treat. Problem solved.

When I was young I had beagles that were "gun shy". Meaning as soon as a gun went off they went runni g for cover. The way I broke them was I would tie them up and shoot the gun then give them a treat. Didn't take long and they would associate the gun with a treat. Then I would take them hunting and every time we got a rabbit they got a treat. Problem solved.

Humble brag.

Eh, he's a 12 year old pit mix rescue. He won't even take a treat when he gets freaked out by loud noises. He hasn't even eaten today since we had some storms earlier. I think I'll stick with the sedative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom