Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (17 Viewers)

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Really, this could be any day/night of the week now. Isolation is awful. I want to see my friends and be free again.
Who else is drankin'?
What are you drankin'?
Tonight is Moscow Mules for me.

Please let this thread go downhill fast.....the EE has been very lackluster lately.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah. I’m not opposed to getting rid of plastic straws but paper ain’t the solution. Neither are the stainless steel ones.
I've tried numerous different straws, and so far, I haven't seen a really good substitute for plastic straws. Now, if science could figure out how to make plastic biodegradable, that would be the ideal solution.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I've tried numerous different straws, and so far, I haven't seen a really good substitute for plastic straws. Now, if science could figure out how to make plastic biodegradable, that would be the ideal solution.
I understand that sunflower seed husks and olive pits are starting to be used as plastic substitutes which is great since right now they are just a waste product in the production of olive and sunflower seed oil

Since there wouldn't really be any cost for acquiring the product, hopefully they could start making things like straws with them at a low price

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I understand that sunflower seed husks and olive pits are starting to be used as plastic substitutes which is great since right now they are just a waste product in the production of olive and sunflower seed oil

Since there wouldn't really be any cost for acquiring the product, hopefully they could start making things like straws with them at a low price
Interesting. Haven't heard of that before.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting. Haven't heard of that before.
Makes sense tho. Think about the massive amount of waste from different seeds and pits out there (sunflower, pistachio, almond, olive, avocado, peach, etc) that could be used in this fashion

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Makes sense tho. Think about the massive amount of waste from different seeds and pits out there (sunflower, pistachio, almond, olive, avocado, peach, etc) that could be used in this fashion
Oh definitely. There's plenty of that to go around. Seems like a workable idea.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So I just watched a new Suzi Quatro music video and it's really good. I learned about her because of who else but Alice Cooper? I watched a new interview by him about his new album Detroit Stories which so far is awesome based off of their singles and he mentioned her because she is from Detroit.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may still have the video but I saw something over 10 years ago that was about hemp and how it can be used to build more than 90-95 percent of a computer.
Yeah, it's been a while, but I remember reading an article somewhere that there are countless industrial applications for hemp. The Feds need to give up their obsession with it and let people make the most of it.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I also wonder about our obsession with straws.......when did we decide we needed a long small hole to drink our drinks through? Unless it's a milkshake.....have to have a straw for a milkshake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 5)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom