Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (64 Viewers)

That was the only example I could give. Like I said, I really like mixed drinks so why spend more than 10 dollars for a fifth of whiskey when I mixing cola with it?

If you want a scotch to mix, try Monkey Shoulder

Scotch is the only liquor I refuse to drink on the cheap, which is the reason I don't drink it very often.

But when you mix it with cola does it really matter? I can't tell the difference between 5 dollar and 50 dollar whiskey when it's inside a mixed drink.

I'm talking hypotheticals. Is Monkey Shoulder 10 dollars a fifth?

Just over $20
A quality bottle of booze will even help a mixed drink. One of the few mixed drinks I enjoy is an Old Fashioned and trust me a quality whiskey like Knob Creek makes a difference

Just over $20
A quality bottle of booze will even help a mixed drink. One of the few mixed drinks I enjoy is an Old Fashioned and trust me a quality whiskey like Knob Creek makes a difference

Is it a higher percentage? I don't see how the same proof whiskies would make a difference. I'm not buying a 20 dollar bottle of whiskey because it makes the mixed drinks .1 percent better tasting. I mainly taste the cola.

I guess I might have buried the lead here but I mainly don't like the taste of alcohol besides beer or schnapps and I no longer drink schnapps.

I'm talking hypotheticals. Is Monkey Shoulder 10 dollars a fifth?

$32 to $35 depending on where you buy it. But, for mixing with cola, I would stick with bourbon. I personally like Monkey Shoulder with just bit of ice. There are certainly better scotchs, but it's very solid for the price. But, I don't ever drink scotch with anything more than ice in it.

If you want bourbon that is a bit better go with Buffalo Trace or Bulleit. They are both around $20 per fifth. And I do think you can taste a slightly better bourbon even with cola, but somewhere around $20 per bottle, there is no point in paying more than that to mix with cola.

To me the best combination of price and quality for mixing is either Buffalo Trace or Jim Beam White Label.

Is it a higher percentage? I don't see how the same proof whiskies would make a difference. I'm not buying a 20 dollar bottle of whiskey because it makes the mixed drinks .1 percent better tasting. I mainly taste the cola.

Well yeah an Old Fashioned is a crafted mixed drink. If you are drowning it with coke it dont make much difference

$32 to $35 depending on where you buy it. But, for mixing with cola, I would stick with bourbon.

If you want bourbon that is a bit better go with Buffalo Trace or Bulleit. They are both around $20 per fifth.

I think I'll stick to Early Times which is 9.99 a fifth or even Heaven Hill which is 6.99 I think, maybe 7.99.

I would agree with this with Knob Creek, but you can also tell the difference because it's a 100 proof.

Thats specifically why i like Knob Creek in an Old Fashioned...it doesnt get lost or watered down as easy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom