Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (47 Viewers)

Ok...brisket is going back on for the 2nd half of the cook. Have 2 racks of baby backs I'm putting on there too even though they'll probably be ate at a later date but no reason to waste the smoke. Have 2 trays of chicken wings to grill later on. I always make way too much food but I enjoy cooking this stuff and I'd rather have and not need than to need and not have.

Ok...brisket is going back on for the 2nd half of the cook. Have 2 racks of baby backs I'm putting on there too even though they'll probably be ate at a later date but no reason to waste the smoke. Have 2 trays of chicken wings to grill later on. I always make way too much food but I enjoy cooking this stuff and I'd rather have and not need than to need and not have.

Man, I need a neighbor like you. :hihi:

ca-ra-van... ca-ra-van...

oh wait, is this for *that* kind of bbq party?

Speaking of BBQ, just made a small pork shoulder roast in the crockpot. Will be great for tomorrow.

Drinking fireball and Coors.

We had a bottle of champagne in the fridge. It's pretty good stuff, I had had it before and I saw it on sale, big discount, at Whole Foods a couple of days after New Years - I guess they didn't move as much champagne this year. So I bought it thinking it might come in handy if the Saints have the kind of post-season I was hoping for.

That, as we know, didn't happen. I didn't want to drink it out of spite or in sorrow, so there it sat taking up space. But tonight felt right - tomorrow is my wife's birthday but its a Sunday and all so we decided to drink it tonight. It was tasty, I'm glad we did.

Now I'm drinking pinot noir from a champagne glass because I'm trying not to dirty another glass. But this, on the other hand, doesn't work - makes the wine seem less than it could be.

fork it, I'm going to get out a proper wine glass.

We had a bottle of champagne in the fridge. It's pretty good stuff, I had had it before and I saw it on sale, big discount, at Whole Foods a couple of days after New Years - I guess they didn't move as much champagne this year. So I bought it thinking it might come in handy if the Saints have the kind of post-season I was hoping for.

That, as we know, didn't happen. I didn't want to drink it out of spite or in sorrow, so there it sat taking up space. But tonight felt right - tomorrow is my wife's birthday but its a Sunday and all so we decided to drink it tonight. It was tasty, I'm glad we did.

Now I'm drinking pinot noir from a champagne glass because I'm trying not to dirty another glass. But this, on the other hand, doesn't work - makes the wine seem less than it could be.

fork it, I'm going to get out a proper wine glass.
I would usually say that it's a poor craftsman who blames his tools, but in this case, I agree...proper glass.
Cheers from a glencairn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom