Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (61 Viewers)

i dont drink anywhere near like I used to, but even when I drank heavily I never got a hangover
back in september or october i went thru a fifth of scotch in 2-3 hours and still didnt get one

Irish liver>>>>>>

I had to work my way to not having hangovers.

i dont drink anywhere near like I used to, but even when I drank heavily I never got a hangover
back in september or october i went thru a fifth of scotch in 2-3 hours and still didnt get one

Irish liver>>>>>>

I could never just drink a fifth let alone do it within that time frame.

Other than dehydration I think I'm fine. I have no proof but I do know I have to slow down which is what happened last year, I just need to keep that going. I know I can't keep it up forever. My problem is I LOVE getting drunk TOO much. Most addictions are because you have no choice but how do you stop something that is a choice? I will admit to being mentally addicted but I know for a fact I'm not physically addicted to alcohol. My problem is I WANT to get drunk all the time.
If you've drank every day for years you're probably more physically addicted than you think.

I had to work my way to not having hangovers.

You really may want to get a blood test to see how your liver is doing. Some years ago on an annual checkup I found out mine was not good. Fortunately i found out before i had any permanent damage and have no issues anymore

I rarely get drunk...i like getting and maintaining a buzz

If you've drank every day for years you're probably more physically addicted than you think.

I have zero physical withdrawals from stopping drinking alcohol. I have gout and I've gone a week or two without drinking with zero side effects so I know for a fact IF I'm addicted it's mental. Being physically addicted means you would have side affects once you stop drinking. You can't go 1-3 days with no effects and then you get them and like I've said I've gone a week or longer without drinking.

Last edited:
$32 to $35 depending on where you buy it. But, for mixing with cola, I would stick with bourbon. I personally like Monkey Shoulder with just bit of ice. There are certainly better scotchs, but it's very solid for the price. But, I don't ever drink scotch with anything more than ice in it.

If you want bourbon that is a bit better go with Buffalo Trace or Bulleit. They are both around $20 per fifth. And I do think you can taste a slightly better bourbon even with cola, but somewhere around $20 per bottle, there is no point in paying more than that to mix with cola.

To me the best combination of price and quality for mixing is either Buffalo Trace or Jim Beam White Label.

I can't even really find Buffalo Trace regular here. For my money the best <$30 bottle is Evan Williams Single Barrel. If you can get past the fact that it's Evan Williams and it's as good as a lot of $50 bottles out there. It's basically what Eagle Rare used to be when Eagle Rare was $25 - one of the few "steals" you can still find out there.

Probably why I very seldom drink alcoholic drinks. I hate the taste of alcohol. It's just hard for me to get past that and was never an acquired taste for me.

Any drink I've ever had, I've always felt like I had to tolerate the alcohol in order to drink it.

You should explore the world of Tiki drinks made with good aged rum. It might change your life.

I have zero physical withdrawals from stopping drinking alcohol.
If you drink every day how do you know? These last 2 months I've drank more than I ever have. I'm to a point where I'm going to take a break just to prove to myself I still can. I take a day off here and there even now because I get burnt out but I need to string 4-5 days together because up until all this stuff I rarely drank during the week. The last 2 months it doesn't matter what day it is. I'd say if you've drank every day for 11 years until you take an extended break you don't know how your body is going to react. My neighbor is a self proclaimed alcoholic and has drank every day for 20 years. His #1 complaint is when he tries to quit he can't sleep. I bet you'd find something similar.

Scorpius, I'm gonna do some analytics on my number of drunk nights BRB. I think I'm probably close to your number

If you drink every day how do you know? These last 2 months I've drank more than I ever have. I'm to a point where I'm going to take a break just to prove to myself I still can. I take a day off here and there even now because I get burnt out but I need to string 4-5 days together because up until all this stuff I rarely drank during the week. The last 2 months it doesn't matter what day it is. I'd say if you've drank every day for 11 years until you take an extended break you don't know how your body is going to react. My neighbor is a self proclaimed alcoholic and has drank every day for 20 years. His #1 complaint is when he tries to quit he can't sleep. I bet you'd find something similar.

I already said that i have gone 1-2 weeks without drinking because of my gout attacks. Besides it wouldn't take that long to feel the withdrawals so I know for a fact that I'm not addicted. Other members on here get shakes which is the telltale sign of alcohol addiction. I've never had that. I can also go to sleep when I don't get drunk.

Drinking is Biblical. Cheers!

1589692360931.png

Proverbs 31:7

Let them drink to forget their poverty and remember their troubles no more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom