Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (32 Viewers)

If you are addicted to alcohol and go just one day without drinking you will feel the side effects let alone 1-2 weeks.

Yeah, from my experience watching alcoholics recover, they'll usually start withdrawals within a day or two. Of course not everyone is the same. It does vary from person to person though.

Yeah, from my experience watching alcoholics recover, they'll usually start withdrawals within a day or two. Of course not everyone is the same. It does vary from person to person though.

Well I'm pretty certain that no one gets withdrawals after 3 days let alone 1-2 weeks later.

People need to understand the difference between physical and mental addiction. Physical addictions means that you feel horrible pain whereas mental addiction means you make stupid choices that you know you shouldn't make and yet you are still in control.

You should explore the world of Tiki drinks made with good aged rum. It might change your life.

A nice mai tai?

IMO one of the best deals in liquor is Diplimatico in the dusty green bottle...a great sipping rum for about $34 a bottle

A great one is Ron Zacapa for about $45 and if you really want a treat get the Ron Zacapa XO where it is extra aged in cognac casks

My brother that drank himself to death actually had those withdrawals and also had hallucinations.

A nice mai tai?

IMO one of the best deals in liquor is Diplimatico in the dusty green bottle...a great sipping rum for about $34 a bottle

A great one is Ron Zacapa for about $45 and if you really want a treat get the Ron Zacapa XO where it is extra aged in cognac casks

I'll have to check those out. I've never had a Mai Tai, that I know of. But I'm not ashamed to admit I'll drink a Pain killer or a Zombie. There's something like 5oz. of booze in each of those. Make fun of my umbrella all you want, but I'm hammered on one cocktail.

I'd definitely like to try it. But I'm a noob. What and where do I get a good aged rum? And how do I make a Tiki drink, lol.

Try this one: https://inthemix.on-premise.com/2010/06/goody-cocktail/

For the rum, you don't have to go high end, especially if you don't know the difference. I'd go with Cruzan, just buy the aged dark and light rums, they should be <$20 per bottle.

Most "I don't like the taste of alcohol" peeps love that drink. It's from NOLA too. You won't taste any booze, especially if you halve the recommended booze from the recipe - and even halved it'll still be strong enough.

Try this one: https://inthemix.on-premise.com/2010/06/goody-cocktail/

For the rum, you don't have to go high end, especially if you don't know the difference. I'd go with Cruzan, just buy the aged dark and light rums, they should be <$20 per bottle.

Most "I don't like the taste of alcohol" peeps love that drink. It's from NOLA too. You won't taste any booze, especially if you halve the recommended booze from the recipe - and even halved it'll still be strong enough.

Thanks, now I need to find a place to get the stuff. They don't sell liquor in the supermarkets here. Gotta find a good liquor store here.

Yeah, beyond 3 days it becomes more of a mental battle not to drink than a physical one.

Last year when I decided to quit drinking as often is when I first decided to stop drinking 350 days out of every year and that was 11 years in a row. Every year I had a gout attack that lasted 2 weeks so that's how I know I'm not addicted to alcohol besides my brothers example. Mind over matter.

Last year when I decided to quit drinking as often is when I first decided to stop drinking 350 days out of every year and that was 11 years in a row. Every year I had a gout attack that lasted 2 weeks so that's how I know I'm not addicted to alcohol besides my brothers example. Mind over matter.

Can you tell when gout is starting? What's the first sign of it when you know you need to stop?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom