Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (68 Viewers)

Ouch.....that's why I do it all myself. I save us a small fortune every year on that stuff. Counting my son's we have 4 cars and a 5th wheel camper.
Yeah the labor is what got me. If you lived close, I’d take my car to you as well.

I actually had started looking around for a new car in February of last year. Then we went into lockdown and now I drive like maybe 20 miles per week max so I am really glad I didn’t get a new car then. I’d be making a car payment for a car I never drive. So now I have to make sure to keep my existing car in good shape so that it stays alive until I actually need a new car. Or if I have to start driving more again, I’ll start looking for a new car.

and now I drive like maybe 20 miles per week
Pre-COVID, I was driving between 27k and 30k miles per year because of my commute back and forth to work. I think I've driven maybe 2k in the last year, and that's including a few trips to PA and DE.

I don't even think I even hit 20 miles on a normal week right now.

It's crazy how things have changed over the last year.

Yeah the labor is what got me. If you lived close, I’d take my car to you as well.

I actually had started looking around for a new car in February of last year. Then we went into lockdown and now I drive like maybe 20 miles per week max so I am really glad I didn’t get a new car then. I’d be making a car payment for a car I never drive. So now I have to make sure to keep my existing car in good shape so that it stays alive until I actually need a new car. Or if I have to start driving more again, I’ll start looking for a new car.
It sucks paying for it for sure but maintenance is key to keeping a car running for years and years. My wife puts a ton of miles on her car because she drives 60 miles each way to work. I stay on top of it as best I can. We just got a free engine on her sonata last month because of oil consumption so they warrantied it. People that don't do maintenance would've never noticed the oil issue until it was too late. So at 90k miles we got a free engine. Where I really save us money are brake jobs. I can do rotors and pads on our cars for less than $200. Price that somewhere.....it's an expensive job at a shop.

Pre-COVID, I was driving between 27k and 30k miles per year because of my commute back and forth to work. I think I've driven maybe 2k in the last year, and that's including a few trips to PA and DE.

I don't even think I even hit 20 miles on a normal week right now.

It's crazy how things have changed over the last year.
Yeah. I am content to not have a commute. The Acura dealer sent me home in an Uber because they are no longer doing shuttles because of COVID. I was thinking to myself “it is so nice to not drive and just chill in the back seat. I would be content to never have to drive again.”

I'm a bunch of beers and hit a stopping point for tonight on the bird. 8-9 beers in and got one side buffed with compound. Gotta do the other side then polish the whole thing. 23 year old paint and still looks pretty good. After I polish it it'll really shine.PXL_20210306_035030150.jpg

Yeah. I am content to not have a commute. The Acura dealer sent me home in an Uber because they are no longer doing shuttles because of COVID. I was thinking to myself “it is so nice to not drive and just chill in the back seat. I would be content to never have to drive again.”
I have an Acura, too. :cheer:

This will probably sound weird, but I always wanted an Acura since my teenage days with the Integra. I almost bought a used Integra in the late 90s, but I didn't quite have enough money (or credit score to get a loan) at the time.

I had my last one 10 years and I'm coming up on 4 on my current one. I maintain mine really well, too, and I love driving it.

I'm a bunch of beers and hit a stopping point for tonight on the bird. 8-9 beers in and got one side buffed with compound. Gotta do the other side then polish the whole thing. 23 year old paint and still looks pretty good. After I polish it it'll really shine.PXL_20210306_035030150.jpg
That looks amazing.

I have an Acura, too. :cheer:

This will probably sound weird, but I always wanted an Acura since my teenage days with the Integra. I almost bought a used Integra in the late 90s, but I didn't quite have enough money (or credit score to get a loan) at the time.

I had my last one 10 years and I'm coming up on 4 on my current one. I maintain mine really well, too, and I love driving it.
When I get a new car, I’ll likely get another Acura. This car has been great - very durable, the body style still looks good and it has a lot of get up & go.

That looks amazing.
Thank you......after I get polish on it I'll take a pic in the sun. It still looks pretty good to be a '98. My neighbor has a 2000 he's building a motor for now. Thinks he's gonna be faster but that'll never happen. I won't race him until I know I'm faster. The motor he's building he should be a little faster. I won't race though until I get a nitrous kit on it. Going to order one in the next month that he'll know nothing about haha

When I get a new car, I’ll likely get another Acura. This car has been great - very durable, the body style still looks good and it has a lot of get up & go.

Always loved the NSX, but no way I'll ever be able to afford one. Lol. Acuras are pretty great, although I haven't really looked lately.

Screenshot_20210306-001231_Gallery.jpg

In what remains a total mystery to me, in 1992 when I was like 19 (a freshman in college) and my mother (!) decides to get an Integra GS-R model (the "hot rod" of the line). It was red with a stick.

But it was pretty cherry and I was 20 and they knew I would be hot dogging it around if they let me drive it so I basically didn't get to drive it but like three or four times. At the time it seemed really sporty but by today's standards it's totally ho-hum.

She didn't like driving it or something (and she certainly never "drove" it), I don't think she had it for more than two years before going back to Grand Cherokees or what not. It made no sense then, it makes no sense now. My friends would be like "Dude, let's take the Integra out" and I was like "Can't - it's my mom's."

Last edited:
In what remains a total mystery to me, in 1992 when I was like 19 (a freshman in college) and my mother (!) decides to get an Integra GS-R model (the "hot rod" of the line). It was red with a stick.

But it was pretty cherry and I was 20 and they knew I would be hot dogging it around if they let me drive it so I basically didn't get to drive it but like three or four times. At the time it seemed really sporty but by today's standards it's totally ho-hum.

She didn't like driving it or something, I don't think she had it for more than two years before going back to Grand Cherokees or what not. It made no sense then, it makes no sense now. My friends would be like "Dude, let's take the Integra out" and I was like "Can't - it's my mom's."
Hmmmm....my mom had a 79 LTD. I feel a little ripped off.

I miss my Genesis G80 and would love to have one of the new ones but with my luck I think I should stick with trucks

2021-genesis-g80_100771096_h.jpg

"Dude, let's take the Integra out" and I was like "Can't - it's my mom's."
FerrisBuellerFerrari-1280x720.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom