Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (12 Viewers)

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Really, this could be any day/night of the week now. Isolation is awful. I want to see my friends and be free again.
Who else is drankin'?
What are you drankin'?
Tonight is Moscow Mules for me.

Please let this thread go downhill fast.....the EE has been very lackluster lately.

Last edited:

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dream believers, yeah.

A guy named John Stewart wrote that song - he was still a member of The Kingston Trio when he wrote it right before starting a solo career. The Monkees had a number 1 with it.

The closest he got to a number 1 was 1979’s “Gold”, which went to #5. Walter Egan (“Magnet and Steel”) had introduced him to Lindsey Buckingham, who was the thrilled to meet Stewart b/c Buckingham was a huge Kingston Trio fan. Stewart invited Lindsey to join him in the studio where he was working on a new album. Buckingham invited Stevie Nicks and that’s why Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks sing backing vocals on this song.

Also, cocaine.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A guy named John Stewart wrote that song - he was still a member of The Kingston Trio when he wrote it right before starting a solo career. The Monkees had a number 1 with it.

The closest he got to a number 1 was 1979’s “Gold”, which went to #5. Walter Egan (“Magnet and Steel”) had introduced him to Lindsey Buckingham, who was the thrilled to meet Stewart b/c Buckingham was a huge Kingston Trio fan. Stewart invited Lindsey to join him in the studio where he was working on a new album. Buckingham invited Stevie Nicks and that’s why Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks sing backing vocals on this song.

Also, cocaine.

Fascinating!

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
Honestly, I don't even know what that means so no, I have not.
uh, no hidden meaning, but it's not about you specifically.

NOLA seems to get about 12 days of Spring weather between Winter and the dog days of Summer.

So, just asking if you've had it yet.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
uh, no hidden meaning, but it's not about you specifically.

NOLA seems to get about 12 days of Spring weather between Winter and the dog days of Summer.

So, just asking if you've had it yet.
Oh okay. I'd say yes about a couple of weeks ago. I actually hate it because if it's between 65-75 degrees outside then the ac doesn't come on hardly at all so my room gets hot. It needs to be in the 50's for me to open my window and typically 60's causes my uncle to put the heater on which means I have to close the vent without opening my window. It may feel great outside but I HATE it for being inside. I'd rather 80 degrees over 65 degrees for that single reason.

zatsnzapps

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Spring fever? :scratch:
Man, I love Spring and Fall in this area for the temps. The high today was 67 and it's 55 right now and I have the windows open.

Yesterday's winds were just obnoxious. I know we had gusts between 50-60 mph yesterday. It was nuts.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, I love Spring and Fall in this area for the temps. The high today was 67 and it's 55 right now and I have the windows open.

Yesterday's winds were just obnoxious. I know we had gusts between 50-60 mph yesterday. It was nuts.

Yeah, was like that here couple of days ago. Actually a bit unseasonably cool lately. I don't mind it too much. The cool is nice for the long walks with the dog.

zatsnzapps

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh okay. I'd say yes about a couple of weeks ago. I actually hate it because if it's between 65-75 degrees outside then the ac doesn't come on hardly at all so my room gets hot. It needs to be in the 50's for me to open my window and typically 60's causes my uncle to put the heater on which means I have to close the vent without opening my window. It may feel great outside but I HATE it for being inside. I'd rather 80 degrees over 65 degrees for that single reason.
We still get the nasty, humid weather here in the mid-Atlantic, but the humidity is only miserable during the Summer. It's a nice change from always dealing with it.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s this masturbatory marathon.
MRhpjv.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom