Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (34 Viewers)

I'd like to have seen the cow that came off of. For what it's worth you could've left that thin stuff on and just trimmed it off after that cooks and snacked on it while the rest finished.
I ground the trimmings and made hamburgers

I get briskets at Costco and smoke the point for chili and grind the flat for the freezer.
This is a Costco brisket. A prime packer at Costco is $3.49lb here. A prime brisket can't be found in a grocery store and their "choice" briskets are about $7 per pound. I've had a tough time finding prime anything in the last year +.

This is a Costco brisket. A prime packer at Costco is $3.49lb here. A prime brisket can't be found in a grocery store and their "choice" briskets are about $7 per pound. I've had a tough time finding prime anything in the last year +.
2.79/lb for us. But ground meat is running $6ish/lb so you can’t really beat it. And if you want something better than Costco prime, you need an HEB in TX or online fir $$$

Truly hard seltzer while I smoke a brisket 20210404_010511.jpg

It's too small. It's probably going to be a disaster. Some parts were too thin so I trimmed them off rather than risk them burning.
seltzer is fantastic for tenderizing cheap cuts of meat. not sure about brisket though lol.

i made steak nachoes for easter. used skirt instead of flank, like i normally would, and they came out fantastic.

marinated for about 12 hours in primarily just lime and lemon juices. since they were for nachos, i pre-sliced the cut prior to the marination. i also wasn't sure how tender the skirt would be. next time i'll just marinate uncut.

white corn chips (classic triangles), steak, shredded jack. on the side, fresh and pickled jalapenos, sour cream, and guac.

i'm like the knock off brand of knock off brand canned good chefs that are sold straight to piggly wiggly.

Random question but this is where I put all my random questions where I don't want to start a new thread. You have a client, they want their hospitals to participate in an initiative. Many hospitals report back to them saying "thanks but not right now due to x,y,z" yet your client made up a ridiculous target for this year for participation in the middle of a pandemic (& the pandemic had already been in effect for 7 months prior to starting the new project year - so not like it was not anticipated) for a product that really is like about 1 year away from being fully developed so the only way to reach your targets at this point is to incentivize them to participate.

How would you go about displaying the incentive options in a PPT slide? i.e. what kind of visualization would you use to show the list of incentives to executives?

Random question but this is where I put all my random questions where I don't want to start a new thread. You have a client, they want their hospitals to participate in an initiative. Many hospitals report back to them saying "thanks but not right now due to x,y,z" yet your client made up a ridiculous target for this year for participation in the middle of a pandemic (& the pandemic had already been in effect for 7 months prior to starting the new project year - so not like it was not anticipated) for a product that really is like about 1 year away from being fully developed so the only way to reach your targets at this point is to incentivize them to participate.

How would you go about displaying the incentive options in a PPT slide? i.e. what kind of visualization would you use to show the list of incentives to executives?
Just to make sure I understand, you have a client that needs hospitals to participate, the hospitals are on the fence and not committing, and it's the goal of this presentation to get them to commit?

Just to make sure I understand, you have a client that needs hospitals to participate, the hospitals are on the fence and not committing, and it's the goal of this presentation to get them to commit?

Offer some free beers. That's all I got. :hihi:

Offer some free beers. That's all I got. :hihi:
Based on what I'm reading (and partially why I wanted to clarify), I think she has all the details on the specifics regarding the incentives. She's just asking what's the best way to present them.

And, we're dealing with execs here, so we at least need imported beers.

Sort of. The goal is to present some options of incentives to the client to offer the hospitals to get them to commit. As their half-baked product alone - in the middle of a pandemic - is not enough

Sort of. The goal is to present some options of incentives to the client to offer the hospitals to get them to commit. As their half-baked product alone - in the middle of a pandemic - is not enough

Are you comparing the options side by side? If it's 2 options or more, maybe make a table with rows/columns and list what features go with what option? I guess it would depend on how much detail you have to list in the presentation. I'm usually a less is more guy, but with execs, providing substantive justifications that address potential objections would be a consideration I'm sure.

Ah, that helps.

I'm sure you're already aware of this, which I think is part of the reason you're asking, execs have a notoriously short attention span, so the more succinct the information is, the better off you will be. The other problem with giving them a presentation is if you give them all the information at one time, they'll read ahead of you and ask you questions about stuff you haven't gotten to yet.

I'm going to assume you have 2 or 3 sets of options.

What I would do is use one slide in the "Two Content" format. That will give you a header and two content selections to start. You can copy one of the Content sections by clicking on the outside of one of them and pasting into your slide, then resizing them manually to fit the third one.

Then, I would lay out each of the sets of incentives as a bulleted list into each of the Content sections. I would then use animations to bring in one Content section of the slide at one time per click so that all the information for that set of incentives is presented at once, but they don't see all the options until you want them to.

The big benefits of this approach are that it allows you to control the release of the sets of incentives, but at the end, all of the sets will be on one slide if you need to give them a hard copy so that it's an easy reference for them after the meeting.

I have no idea so here is a picture of my dog

20210404_140418.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom