Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (50 Viewers)

pretty sure I have mentioned in this, or other threads, that my aunt had been battling brain cancer. She passed early this afternoon.

My cousin & her 3 kids had flown down to AZ last weekend from Montana to visit her and on her last night there, my aunt took a turn for the worst & my cousin’s adult children flew home & her & the 13 year old stayed behind. My other cousin & my mom both drove out and made it in late last night. I am glad they got to say goodbye.

I am sad but we had known for the past year that it was inevitable. We just lost my uncle unexpectedly to COVID 3 months ago. It is a lot of loss to deal with.

I told my mom today that I wish “they” would stop killing my family in groups. When I was 10, it was first my aunt from my dad’s side, a few months later my middle brother then about 9 months after that my mom’s older sister.

6 years ago, it was my grandma, 5 months later my uncle and 2 weeks after him dropping dead of a heart attack it was my oldest brother.

My mom was the middle child of 7. She’s now the oldest living sibling at 66 and only her two youngest siblings are alive besides her. It just seems like they were taken too early because my grandma only died 6 years ago.

I am rambling. But about to have a drink 🥃 in honor of my aunt Sheila. The hippy wild child.
Pouring a glass of Glenfarclas 12 year now

Condolences to you and yours but thankfully she is at peace and her struggle is over.

Rest in peace.

pretty sure I have mentioned in this, or other threads, that my aunt had been battling brain cancer. She passed early this afternoon.

My cousin & her 3 kids had flown down to AZ last weekend from Montana to visit her and on her last night there, my aunt took a turn for the worst & my cousin’s adult children flew home & her & the 13 year old stayed behind. My other cousin & my mom both drove out and made it in late last night. I am glad they got to say goodbye.

I am sad but we had known for the past year that it was inevitable. We just lost my uncle unexpectedly to COVID 3 months ago. It is a lot of loss to deal with.

I told my mom today that I wish “they” would stop killing my family in groups. When I was 10, it was first my aunt from my dad’s side, a few months later my middle brother then about 9 months after that my mom’s older sister.

6 years ago, it was my grandma, 5 months later my uncle and 2 weeks after him dropping dead of a heart attack it was my oldest brother.

My mom was the middle child of 7. She’s now the oldest living sibling at 66 and only her two youngest siblings are alive besides her. It just seems like they were taken too early because my grandma only died 6 years ago.

I am rambling. But about to have a drink 🥃 in honor of my aunt Sheila. The hippy wild child.
Sorry to hear that CCS. Have some drinks and remember some good times or stories about your aunt.

my stepfather passed away last night.

not sure how i feel. he was my fake father since 1987 (to july 2020 when my mom divorced him).

is it wrong that i'm happier my mom and brother are leaving for a few days to go to the funeral more than anything else? my house hasn't felt mine since they "moved" in last august. it will be fantastic to have 1-2 days of semi-living in my old house again.

that piece of sheet had "business" instead of coming to my wife's funeral. that will never, ever, be forgiven. fork, if i'm still around in a few years to even still care (i also have "friends" unable to have made it, having learned what they were doing during it, are more respected), well, that will be a miracle, i guess i may care more.

that said, part of me is still sad.

i had already posted some of this, but deleted it. reasons why are unimportant.

not sure how i feel. he was my fake father since 1987 (to july 2020 when my mom divorced him).

is it wrong that i'm happier my mom and brother are leaving for a few days to go to the funeral more than anything else? my house hasn't felt mine since they "moved" in last august. it will be fantastic to have 1-2 days of semi-living in my old house again.

that piece of sheet had "business" instead of coming to my wife's funeral. that will never, ever, be forgiven. fork, if i'm still around in a few years to even still care (i also have "friends" unable to have made it, having learned what they were doing during it, are more respected), well, that will be a miracle, i guess i may care more.

Don't think it's wrong to feel that at all. Everyone has different priorities and values. Having some space while they are gone that couple of days might be a good time to reflect on things, grieve a little, or just chill until they get back. Whatever works best for you.

Just know we love ya and tonight I'll raise a toast to a stress free 2 days. Cheers! 🍻

Don't think it's wrong to feel that at all. Everyone has different priorities and values. Having some space while they are gone that couple of days might be a good time to reflect on things, grieve a little, or just chill until they get back. Whatever works best for you.

Just know we love ya and tonight I'll raise a toast to a stress free 2 days. Cheers! 🍻
i guess. i feel worse having just seen ccs lost someone she cares about. that is horrible.

i may be in the dc area a few days, though i may also not be. depends on if i can get someone to watch my dogs short notice.

Sorry to hear that. Regardless of how you felt, losing a prominent member of your life is difficult

I get it. If my wife died I would hold it against everyone close to us that didn't show up. Not saying it's right....but I know I would.

On the Friday excitement front.....pretty sure I helped someone steal a motorcycle tonight. I was in the driveway drinking beer and talking to a buddy on the phone when a guy on a motorcycle pulls in that had a dead battery. That alone is not as unusual as you would think.....I have people pull into the drive with car trouble 5-6 times a year.
I get the charger out to put it on the battery and 30 seconds later his wife pulls in with a truck. Way off in the distance we hear cops sirens and they get next level paranoid and shut the truck off and stuff like that. After it was obvious the cops weren't coming this way they settle down and load motorcycle up in the truck and head down the road. Not sure if motorcycle was stolen but something there wasn't legal.

seriously, is this a thing? my brother just had his second vaccine of the covid whatever and told to laminate his card in case of international travel?

literally, the only thing i am absolutely afraid of are needles. ilike, deathly afraid of.not just afraid of, but literally 100% won't go anywhere close to a situation that may involve them.

seriously, is this a thing? my brother just had his second vaccine of the covid whatever and told to laminate his card in case of international travel?

literally, the only thing i am absolutely afraid of are needles. ilike, deathly afraid of.not just afraid of, but literally 100% won't go anywhere close to a situation that may involve them.
I don't like needles myself but I'm willing to get stabbed for the vaccine and have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom