Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (55 Viewers)

I kind of agree. It isn't completely irrelevant but it isn't indicative of smoke like most people think.
It’s pretty irrelevant. It doesn’t have any significant effect on flavor, and it’s easy to fake. You can have fine smoked meat with no smoke ring.

It’s pretty irrelevant. It doesn’t have any significant effect on flavor, and it’s easy to fake. You can have fine smoked meat with no smoke ring.
Why would someone fake a smoke ring? Not sure what the point would be. Perception?

Why would someone fake a smoke ring? Not sure what the point would be. Perception?
I guess it’s not really “faking”. “Inducing” would be a better word. But yes, for perception/presentation.

Sounds tasty.
Brownies are preheat oven to 325 and lightly butter a 9 inch pan and set aside. Melt in a heavy saucepan 4oz bakers chocolate with 2 sticks of butter on very low heat. Mix in 1 cup of packed light brown sugar and 1 cup of granulated sugar, mix in 4 eggs one at a time, incorporating each one before adding the next. Add in 1/2 cup of pecan or walnut meal, 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 2 cups of pecans/walnuts. Pour into pan and cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.

Brownies are preheat oven to 325 and lightly butter a 9 inch pan and set aside. Melt in a heavy saucepan 4oz bakers chocolate with 2 sticks of butter on very low heat. Mix in 1 cup of packed light brown sugar and 1 cup of granulated sugar, mix in 4 eggs one at a time, incorporating each one before adding the next. Add in 1/2 cup of pecan or walnut meal, 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 2 cups of pecans/walnuts. Pour into pan and cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Heh, I think I have all of that. My wife would not be happy.

Normally my bday cake is a coconut poke cake. Love that thing. Problem becomes is I'm the only one in the family that really likes coconut. My wife hates it and the kids for the most part barely tolerate it so I'm left eating an entire cake. These days I just don't feel like that's a very smart thing to do. This year I requested 2 loafs of zucchini bread. It's a recipe we got from a friend. sheet is fantastic...has cherries and walnuts in it. Think banana bread but better. The upside is everyone eats it so I don't over do it.

Normally my bday cake is a coconut poke cake. Love that thing. Problem becomes is I'm the only one in the family that really likes coconut. My wife hates it and the kids for the most part barely tolerate it so I'm left eating an entire cake. These days I just don't feel like that's a very smart thing to do. This year I requested 2 loafs of zucchini bread. It's a recipe we got from a friend. sheet is fantastic...has cherries and walnuts in it. Think banana bread but better. The upside is everyone eats it so I don't over do it.
My wife makes killer fig and date bread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom