Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (17 Viewers)

Miller lite Thursday. I haven't been drinking during the week but after the news today it just seemed like the right thing to do. My camper was my baby. I've spent alot of time maintaining that thing and keeping it in like new condition. I'm sure I'll enjoy our next one just as much but tonight I'm drinking some for my homie.

Miller lite Thursday. I haven't been drinking during the week but after the news today it just seemed like the right thing to do. My camper was my baby. I've spent alot of time maintaining that thing and keeping it in like new condition. I'm sure I'll enjoy our next one just as much but tonight I'm drinking some for my homie.

giphy.gif

I have now leaned that people can not like licorice and like Sambuca & Ouzo. Though I have never had Sambuca, just Ouzo, but I like licorice.

Also, I have never had absinthe, but reading the thread, I don't know if I want to try it.

I have now leaned that people can not like licorice and like Sambuca & Ouzo. Though I have never had Sambuca, just Ouzo, but I like licorice.

Also, I have never had absinthe, but reading the thread, I don't know if I want to try it.
Never had absinthe either. I like licorice, but I don't eat it often. Only during Halloween or when there are jellybeans in the house.

Absinthe tastes just like ouzo. It even turns milky when mixed with water. The only way that you would know the difference in a blind taste test is that the absinthe that I've had was over 140 proof and the ouzo is around 80 proof. That's where the burning and regret comes from.

Absinthe tastes just like ouzo. It even turns milky when mixed with water. The only way that you would know the difference in a blind taste test is that the absinthe that I've had was over 140 proof and the ouzo is around 80 proof. That's where the burning and regret comes from.
Not sure about “just like” but close. Absinthe has a traditional preparation that involves pouring it over a burned sugar cube and mixing with water, whereas ouzo involves drinking it straight from the bottle (at least with the Greeks Ive had it with) - or as shots, I we are feeling civilized.

Not sure about “just like” but close. Absinthe has a traditional preparation that involves pouring it over a burned sugar cube and mixing with water, whereas ouzo involves drinking it straight from the bottle (at least with the Greeks Ive had it with) - or as shots, I we are feeling civilized.
I have the absinthe spoon, glass, and sugar cubes but I never went so far as to buy a water decanter. It all seems like salesmanship to me.

The Greeks that I know mix Ouzo with water or ice though they aren't against drinking it straight. I prefer to drink it over lots of ice.

What?! Tell us more

edit: never mind, saw you went out with half of @Dago last night

I can tell you that we were having a nice time out in the (great) back patio of the Blind Tiger https://blindtigerchs.com/ when, approximately 10pm, a large group of intoxicated people in suits and dresses came in and crowded and louded up the place.

I was thinking what is this about? Then the bride showed up in her dress to party. Just your average Thursday night wedding afterparty I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom