Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (6 Viewers)

It'll be Coke Zero. love bourbon and coke. My Maternal Grandfather drank rum and coke all day when I was a kid. I loved the smell. I wish that I knew which rum he used. The only rum that I like mixed is Sailor Jerry and that wasn't it. Wild Turkey and Coke tastes like what I remember the smell being.

I thought about buying a bottle of Absinthe (Lucid) on the way home. That way I can get the flavor of ouzo without the sugar. And at 124 proof, it'll clear my sinuses.
You can get better absinthe than Lucid.

You can get better absinthe than Lucid.
My local establishment has Lucid and Absente. I think that Absente is a liqueur and Lucid is a spirit. The difference being sugar content.

I can drive to Binny's Beverage Depot in Chicago for a good variety but I'd rather not on a Friday night.

I agree that Lucid isn't the best though. Especially for the money.

One drink worked pretty good. Just checked my freezer. Almost ready to go on No. 2

Too much work. I just put it on ice until it develops the louche and I drink.
No, no. Has to be the process. I never liked tequila but I went "around the world" one night and got stuck in Mexico because I loved the process of the shot, lick, salt, lick, drink, lemon. After 7 trips, I haven't traveled to Mexico since then and just the whiff of to-kill-ya makes me wretch. But abstinthe, it's only the process, not the taste or even the effects.

Cubes frozen, on No. 2. Quick look at my bottle tells me I only have enough for No. 3.

Nothing spectacular…

The Acme Oyster pendant is obviously not a cuff link so just overlook it.

5F6BEAEC-AC7B-4498-9ECF-EEB10A5D4FE3.jpeg
I like those down on the furthest left and, of course, fleur de lis. Almost got some 4 aces "poker" cuff links for my husband but never did. Wouldn't have a reason to even wear them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom