Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (8 Viewers)

I didn't know that. I don't know much about the various whiskies.
You should do scotch from the speyside or highland region. Scotch from those regions aren't peated (smoky) and also have a sweetness to them.

Major difference is that bourbon has to be a least 51% corn and they usually have a large amount of rye. Scotch is pretty much all malted barley. Bourbon isn't aged as long (again, in general) and its in charred virgin oak barrels. Scotch from those regions use barrels that were use to age bourbon and oftentimes are finished in casks that held sherry

You should do scotch from the speyside or highland region. Scotch from those regions aren't peated (smoky) and also have a sweetness to them.

Major difference is that bourbon has to be a least 51% corn and they usually have a large amount of rye. Scotch is pretty much all malted barley. Bourbon isn't aged as long (again, in general) and its in charred virgin oak barrels. Scotch from those regions use barrels that were use to age bourbon and oftentimes are finished in casks that held sherry
And that is exactly why I asked you my question. Thank you.

And that is exactly why I asked you my question. Thank you.
No problem.

A decent blended scotch is Monkey Shoulder

If you want to get into aged single malt, most people started on Glenlivet and/or Glenfiddich. I prefer Glenfiddich, but they are on the same level as far as quality

Tomatin 12 year is a single malt that costs $27 which is good for that price point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom