Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (11 Viewers)

No problem.

A decent blended scotch is Monkey Shoulder

If you want to get into aged single malt, most people started on Glenlivet and/or Glenfiddich. I prefer Glenfiddich, but they are on the same level as far as quality

Tomatin 12 year is a single malt that costs $27 which is good for that price point
I'm probably gonna try Monkey Shoulder next. I'm trying to work through this Four Roses Small Batch, but I can't get used to it.

Edit: Probably will pick up a couple of bottles tomorrow night. Bailey's and either the Monkey Shoulder or something else.

I'm probably gonna try Monkey Shoulder next. I'm trying to work through this Four Roses Small Batch, but I can't get used to it.

Edit: Probably will pick up a couple of bottles tomorrow night. Bailey's and either the Monkey Shoulder or something else.
Monkey Shoulder and Tomatin 12 year will run about the same so with would be good there

I am hard buzzed in the most beautiful way

Had my meds, 75mg Delta 8, and on my third double of bourbon.

I am done for the night...one more and I might be catatonic

My arse is macramed to my mattress now
I got a couple of delta 10 carts in today and it came with a free 10mg delta 8 gummy. Palm Treez. Tasted good but was kind of hard to chew. We'll see if 10 is even enough for me to feel anything.

I am looking to try a classic Sazerac for the first time. Think I have all the various ingredients I need after looking up many different recipes...anyone have tips??

I am looking to try a classic Sazerac for the first time. Think I have all the various ingredients I need after looking up many different recipes...anyone have tips??
Sazerac is pretty easy. Just depends on your taste. What are you coating your glass with and what kind of bitters and rye do you have? Typically it’s up in a rocks glass but I like just a little ice.

Sazerac is pretty easy. Just depends on your taste. What are you coating your glass with and what kind of bitters and rye do you have? Typically it’s up in a rocks glass but I like just a little ice.
Seeing a lot of different ways to make it.
Was prob just going to ice down some absinthe and then mull sugar and the Peychaud bitters with the Rye Whiskey, then strain the chilled absinthe and express a lemon around the rim and drop in...
That sound like a fairly usual way to do it??

So...stopped by ABC tonight and picked this up. Quick question, refrigerate after opening or store at room temp? This is my first try of Monkey Shoulder. I still have more than half the bottle of the Four Roses Small Batch, but I really don't like it. Blech.

The scotch offerings, good lawd, expensive!.

20211016_203644.jpg

20211016_202101.jpg

So...stopped by ABC tonight and picked this up. Quick question, refrigerate after opening or store at room temp? This is my first try of Monkey Shoulder. I still have more than half the bottle of the Four Roses Small Batch, but I really don't like it. Blech.

The scotch offerings, good lawd, expensive!.

20211016_203644.jpg

20211016_202101.jpg
You don't need to refrigerate the Baileys. I've never seen a bar or restaurant refrigerate it.

So I actually did a little research and apparently it's best to store them in a slightly chilled room. Something like 55 to 60 degrees F. But I guess I'd need one of those wine coolers or something to keep it in that temp range.

So I actually did a little research and apparently it's best to store them in a slightly chilled room. Something like 55 to 60 degrees F. But I guess I'd need one of those wine coolers or something to keep it in that temp range.
It should be fine at room temperature. I never put mine in the fridge.

What’s the temp outside?
Just set it in your back yard; wrap it in a tiny blanket overnight if needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom