Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (19 Viewers)

I did almost the same exact thing, but with an actual bicycle.

I turned it upside down, spun the wheel, and stuck my finger through the spokes.

I did it two different times. :hihi: :covri:

My Mom had to take me to Oschner (back before it was the behemoth it is today) to get stitches.
Yeah, they tried to put mine back on, but it was too far gone by the time they reattached it and didn't take. Mine was at Lourdes in Lafayette.

20211019_222909.jpg

If you all are looking for a new bourbon to try and you're not going to be stealing away from my purchasing power, this is what I'm drinking now. Damn, it's smooth...and pretty damn inexpensive.

stillhouse_blackbourbon_750_1200x1200.jpg

If you all are looking for a new bourbon to try and you're not going to be stealing away from my purchasing power, this is what I'm drinking now. Damn, it's smooth...and pretty damn inexpensive.

stillhouse_blackbourbon_750_1200x1200.jpg
I buy a bottle of bourbon for my buddy every year. Maybe I'll surprise him this year(if I can find that). How favorite is jim beam black label or the blue doublt oak so that's normally what I get him but he would certainly try any bourbon. I gave him a bottle of woodsford reserve my brother had bottled for his restaurant a few years ago and while he liked it he still went back to beam.

Yeah, they tried to put mine back on, but it was too far gone by the time they reattached it and didn't take. Mine was at Lourdes in Lafayette.

20211019_222909.jpg
Shocking!

(Childish yet, obligatory)

Sorry about the finger though.

I buy a bottle of bourbon for my buddy every year. Maybe I'll surprise him this year(if I can find that). How favorite is jim beam black label or the blue doublt oak so that's normally what I get him but he would certainly try any bourbon. I gave him a bottle of woodsford reserve my brother had bottled for his restaurant a few years ago and while he liked it he still went back to beam.
My first bottle of this was a gift. I thought it was cool because it comes in a can (giggity) and then I tried it with my buddy across the street. We polished off the entire can in like an hour.

I've only seen one size can, the 750ml, and I think the last time I checked it was running mid-20s per can.

It took me forever to find it again, and now there are a couple places here that sell it. My buddy and I bought all 6 cans they had in stock a few weeks ago. :)

@zatsnzapps I have never ventured into the Whiskey thread because I was not sure Bourbon was topical there...I have become a huge Bourbon fan over the last 4-5 years and am always searching for new and different styles/brands. Gonna have to look for that stuff!

Side question, is Eagle Rare as tough to get by you as it is here?

@zatsnzapps I have never ventured into the Whiskey thread because I was not sure Bourbon was topical there...I have become a huge Bourbon fan over the last 4-5 years and am always searching for new and different styles/brands. Gonna have to look for that stuff!

Yeah, Eagle Rare is pretty hard to get a hold of. I think I might actually have a bottle (I'm about to go check), if I didn't drink it. :hihi:

I'll be the first to tell you I'm not a connoisseur of bourbons, but I have my likes and I stick with them, with the occasional gift of something new. If you get a chance, definitely ask about the Stillhouse. They might struggle to think of it, and just say, it comes in the steel can, and they'll know what you're talking about. I've only tried the Black. I haven't tried any of their others.

I just checked and I can't find my Eagle Rare or Angel's Envy. I either set them somewhere else, they got roped into regular drinking mode, or they became party casualties.

I have a nice selection of various bourbons about the house. Nothing even remotely like what MLU has, but I have a nice variety.

Yeah, Eagle Rare is pretty hard to get a hold of. I think I might actually have a bottle (I'm about to go check), if I didn't drink it. :hihi:

I'll be the first to tell you I'm not a connoisseur of bourbons, but I have my likes and I stick with them, with the occasional gift of something new. If you get a chance, definitely ask about the Stillhouse. They might struggle to think of it, and just say, it comes in the steel can, and they'll know what you're talking about. I've only tried the Black. I haven't tried any of their others.
Both of you need to try this...I have already had 2 bottles of it. Very smooth for an ABV that high and a lit of layers to the flavor

qs01h29fp5w61.jpg

Make sure it's the Barrel Strength Batch 7

I just checked and I can't find my Eagle Rare or Angel's Envy. I either set them somewhere else, they got roped into regular drinking mode, or they became party casualties.

I have a nice selection of various bourbons about the house. Nothing even remotely like what MLU has, but I have a nice variety.
If there was a party you can assume that somebody drank it.

One of the last parties that I had was normal for us. A Hold 'Em tournament broke out and my friend Ken was loving life. He arrived drunk, and he rougjt his own case of beer. He drank it and asked if I had anything. I told him to check the basement. About an hour later he said "Dude, I drank your Crown." I didn't think anything of it. I hadn't opened it. Later, I saw that he meant that he drank the whole thing. I don't know how he does it. I know why. He has three kids. I just don't know how he survives. He was mooching beer off of everybody else as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom