Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (20 Viewers)

Hungover or sick? If hungover, you definitely need hair of the dog.
Kinda sick.

I have bronchitis and I'm finished with the z-pack, so the upper respiratory stuff is fine. It's now just chest congestion and I'm having lots of fun having uh, productive coughs.

I don't know what it is and I'm afraid to ask. :hihi:
Hair of the dog", short for "Hair of the dog that bit you", is a colloquial expression in the English language predominantly used to refer to alcohol that is consumed with the aim of lessening the effects of a hangover.

The expression originally referred to a method of treatment for a rabid dog bite by placing hair from the dog in the bite wound.[1] Ebenezer Cobham Brewer writes in the Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1898): "In Scotland it is a popular belief that a few hairs of the dog that bit you applied to the wound will prevent evil consequences. Applied to drinks, it means, if overnight you have indulged too freely, take a glass of the same wine within 24 hours to soothe the nerves. 'If this dog do you bite, soon as out of your bed, take a hair of the tail the next day.'"

Hair of the dog", short for "Hair of the dog that bit you", is a colloquial expression in the English language predominantly used to refer to alcohol that is consumed with the aim of lessening the effects of a hangover.

The expression originally referred to a method of treatment for a rabid dog bite by placing hair from the dog in the bite wound.[1] Ebenezer Cobham Brewer writes in the Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1898): "In Scotland it is a popular belief that a few hairs of the dog that bit you applied to the wound will prevent evil consequences. Applied to drinks, it means, if overnight you have indulged too freely, take a glass of the same wine within 24 hours to soothe the nerves. 'If this dog do you bite, soon as out of your bed, take a hair of the tail the next day.'"

I was watching the Braves and now I am watching Dune on HBO Max

I was watching the Braves and now I am watching Dune on HBO Max
I'm gonna do that soon. Just gotta get the wife on the same page with me. She's been working nights lately, so the opportunities to movie and chill are fewer.

I'm gonna do that soon. Just gotta get the wife on the same page with me. She's been working nights lately, so the opportunities to movie and chill are fewer.
I'm just now where Paul meets the Reverend Mother and can tell I will regret it if I don't see this on an IMAX or Dolby theater screen

bravos won and yatwoman went to bed

i am still celebradrinking

Taught my youngest a lesson tonight.....maybe.....probably not. My kids are so spoiled. We eat out in a month more times than I ate out in a year when I was growing up. They have no appreciation for it like I did. Tonight the wife is out of town so it was me my daughter and "pickle" our 9 year old. We were on our way home from shopping so I asked everyone what they wanted. Including me there were 3 answers. We kind of all decided on Texas Roadhouse. Did call ahead seating and it was a 45 minute wait. We decided that was too long. After 3-4 more ideas I was kind of over it so pulled into La Cascada....a local Mexican place that has really good authentic Mexican food. We've ate there a bunch of times but tonight the 9 year old decides "he doesn't like it" and starts crying. I made everyone get in the truck and we just came home....on the way home I stopped and got my daughter Chipotle because that's what she wanted from the beginning, got myself Subway because it was quick, and got my son nothing. He ate a ham sandwich. If I would've really went old school I wouldn't have let him eat anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom