Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (41 Viewers)

This is where my day went. I was really happy with these Cornhole boards and then went to clear coat them today. I gave them a day and a half to sit but evidently the humidity/temps weren't right for the paint to cure. Having to sand one back down and start over.
Ugh....that sucks bro

For the record, I'm not upset. I'm just mentioning a few things in conversation. Emotion can be a hard thing to relay on a message board.

That said, (1) our receivers blew chunks (I'll leave that hanging curve ball); (2) TQS has no business remaining with the team, IMO; (3) we really almost lost to Geno Smith; (4) I had PTSD flashbacks on Marcus Williams on the Metcalf TD (yep, he did it again...with the same result); (5) Lattimore needs to not let guys get in his kitchen; (6) Trautman - ugh.; (7) Demario is the man; (8) it was fun watching Kamara tonight; (9) I really liked Jameis' game tonight. It wasn't perfect, but he played a great game. No turnovers and many great throws that should've been caught if not for greasy hands or stopping on a route (looking at you again, TQS).

You guys have to remember we no longer have our HOF QB behind center and we lost a metric sheet ton of good players last year to the cap. Our expectations have to be realistic this season. I just want to be competitive and we're definitely that. At that point we need some calls to go out way and win the bounce here and there and we'll win some games.
Agreed. I do think we're very close if not already there defensively. Kwon made some nice plays tonight and showed good speed. Davenport made his presence felt. And Davis was a monster out there. He's gotta be a top 3 linebacker in the league the way he's playing right now.

The offense needs a lot of help. No Hill, no Thomas, the OL injuries are starting really hurt the run game, WRs suck pretty bad rn. Winston isn't Drew, and he needs a Mike Thomas or Callaway to use their skills to get open more. Drew could throw his receivers open more often than not. Winston is is too slow to get the ball out. His timing isn't quick enough yet. The one play I'm thinking about is when he targeted Callaway in the back of the end zone and the Seattle lb jumped up to knock the ball down. Drew would have had an easy TD by hitting Callaway when he came out of his break. Winston's pass was just too late because he was trying to play it safe. He needs to zip it in there in that spot.

I like Winston, but he's gotta get the ball out quicker with the type of receivers we have. Part of that is being a bit more decisive with the football. He's having a decent enough season so far though. 13 TDs vs 3 interceptions is solid. It's not pretty, but as long as we are winning games, I don't care.

I wondered if Kwon was playing. I saw him on the Saints IG making the trip but didn’t recall him playing.
He did. I saw him just before the half and then again on the first play of the last Seahawks drive. He actually had good pressure on first down of that last drive by looping around.

He may have played more, but I saw him for sure on those couple of plays.

Here you go...end of the line, closest to you.

Nice pressure.

There was another play where Kwon dropped into coverage and showed good speed and had the running back well covered which forced Geno to take a sack. I think it was the second down play on the last Seattle drive.

Those 2 sacks on the last drive won me my ffl this week. Lol.

Edit: It was the 3rd and 18 when Kwon covered the rb.

Last edited:
I'm on my 17th beer and listening to Dream Theater. Yes, I already listened to the new album and now I am onto the best 10 songs by Dream Theater and in order. That's about 4 hours long.

No booze for me since Sunday.

I love Baileys but like to put it in my coffee or over ice cream. If you drink coffee on an empty stomach in the morning with Bailey's, you (I) can get really buzzed really easily.
Last week I only drank on Tuesday and Thursday. Normally I drink more than that but I also took a trip with my Uncle Sid on Saturday night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom