Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (15 Viewers)

I must admit, haven't heard to many Pink Floyd songs, but will have to listen to some of their stuff one day. Let me know which albums I should listen to and in what order. Please? lol
Their best albums are

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
Wish You We're Here
The Wall
There aren't any bad songs on the first three that I mentioned. All of the albums flow as though they're one song. The Wall is more like listening to the soundtrack of a play. If you want individual songs from it I'd suggest "Comfortably Numb," "Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2," "Young Lust," and "Hey You." I like the whole album but it's not a regular album.

Their best albums are

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
Wish You We're Here
The Wall
There aren't any bad songs on the first three that I mentioned. All of the albums flow as though they're one song. The Wall is more like listening to the soundtrack of a play. If you want individual songs from it I'd suggest "Comfortably Numb," "Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2," "Young Lust," and "Hey You." I like the whole album but it's not a regular album.
@sonicboom and that "video" you posted is from the movie. The Wall is basically a musical

Their best albums are

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
Wish You We're Here
The Wall
Animals is their best with Dogs being their best song and we can now buy 192/24 bit stereo Pink Floyd with Animals being one of them at hdtracks.com

Their best albums are

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
Wish You We're Here
The Wall

Perfect. Alright, sounds like there are plenty of Pink Floyd fans out there.

Got it. There is a ton of pressure on woman to look good, you agree with that?
Well I didn’t work out for 3 weeks when I got sick.

But I have worked out in some form regularly since 2006 (maybe longer) so it’s just part of who I am. Plus I don’t have “thin” genetics and I love to eat so unless I decide to become content being chubs, I have to work out in order to eat the way I like to eat.

I don’t eat like a garbage can but I don’t want to have to stress if I eat some bad stuff a few times per week. I don’t want to be the person who shows up to parties stressing over drinking a lot of wine and eating dessert. I do it and I don’t give a sheet.
That's an internal pressure women place on themselves. It's a self image thing probably taught when they were little girls. My wife is hot....I've always thought that. She's hot not only in looks but on the inside. I could give 2 sheets about her looks....she pays more attention to that than I do. I learned a few years ago it wasn't about me or what I even thought. She got a boob job. I'm not even a boob guy....I like legs which she has in spades. That's when I learned the boob thing went back to when she was a kid in school and how self conscious it made her. I understood it when she explained it to me...it had nothing to do with me or anyone else really. It was all about her. I was fine with that.

Pink Floyd is so, so good. Listen to everything. You won't be disappointed.

What's your favorite album?

Pink Floyd sings about heavy stuff, or at least, the brick in the wall seems heavy to me lyrically. That's punk to me.

One of the interviews by Nirvana, a quote went something like this, all you need to do is sing about the truth, or something close to that.

I don’t want to get into a deep discussion about women’s bodies and pressure to look good. Y’all can start a thread on that if you want. I mean is it really even a question? Look around and you’ll see the pressure everywhere.

For me personally I like the challenge of working out. I used to run marathons, I have done long distance road biking. At one point pre-pandemic I was really really good & strong at yoga. I just want to be healthy and strong and I don’t want to be fat. It’s not healthy and I don’t find it attractive. I want to be the best version of myself and being fat ain’t it. Our bodies are not meant to be overweight and out of breath walking to the mailbox.

I also don’t want to age like my grandparents did. I don’t wanna be 75 years old, out of shape and sitting in front of the tv 24/7 because somewhere along the way I told myself that I was too old to do certain things. I want to be up & about doing things until I legitimately cannot anymore.

What's your favorite album?

Pink Floyd sings about heavy stuff, or at least, the brick in the wall seems heavy to me lyrically. That's punk to me.

One of the interviews by Nirvana, a quote went something like this, all you need to do is sing about the truth, or something close to that.
I am prob a bit different, but I like the stuff after Dark SIde of the Moon more (it is all great) but my favorite stuff is Wish You Were Here and Animals--just prior to The Wall--I think?

A musical like a movie, or musical like a song? O.k., I don't know to much about Pink Floyd, but the video was good to me. Seems to have a 1984 feel to it.
There is a movie "The Wall" that is the story of the album though there are slight differences between the album, and the soundtrack. It's a good movie, but it isn't for everybody.

Roger Waters is very political. If I remember correctly, his Dad died in world war II, and the anger, and loss shows in the lyrics of his songs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom