Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (55 Viewers)

We got reffed, receivers still dropping passes, kicker still missing kicks, opposing teams still always able to convert on 3rd & long, qb (2 or 3 or is he 1??) playing through injury bc We have no other qb, Payton not challenging certain plays yet never hesitates to throw the challenge flag on very obvious plays that he will not win, do we even have a running back on our team that’s healthy? O line sucks… this roster is just not good at all. The best player on the team is our new punter.

/rant

Haha, yep. This game was winnable, which was what bothered me more. The other thing that bothered me was Payton's stubbornness passing. Every single time we get into Dallas territory, we inexplicably kept passing when Hill was gashing them. Made zero sense.

This was one of those games where Payton was his own worst enemy.

The phantom blindside block penalty was the worst call since the one that shall not be named. And it was absolutely pivotal. Turned the game on it's head. That killed the drive and Dallas gets a TD a few plays later. Brutal.
The things that bother me the most as recurring themes are the end of the half defense and the utter lack of urgency when we're down a couple of scores in the 4th quarter. Not only did we use most of the 40 second clock tonight, we actually had to call a timeout because the offense wasn't ready to go and the clock was about to expire. Unbelievable.

I won't even get into how offensive the offense was tonight, other than to say Taysom could've easily had 7 picks. We are just dismal at QB, WR, and TE this year.

Sorry to be the wet blanket but I'm drinking like a fish. My brother died a few hours ago from covid. Trying to support his son who has no experience with this so I did my best to contact the whoever needed contacting. I am one mad botch, he didn't believe he would ever get sick.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and yours

The things that bother me the most as recurring themes are the end of the half defense and the utter lack of urgency when we're down a couple of scores in the 4th quarter. Not only did we use most of the 40 second clock tonight, we actually had to call a timeout because the offense wasn't ready to go and the clock was about to expire. Unbelievable.

I won't even get into how offensive the offense was tonight, other than to say Taysom could've easily had 7 picks. We are just dismal at QB, WR, and TE this year.
We have TE on the team? I knew about Trautman who was abysmal until the last game he played in and promptly got hurt.

Ugh.

We have TE on the team? I knew about Trautman who was abysmal until the last game he played in and promptly got hurt.

Ugh.
We do.

He's the guy that was flagged for holding on Ingram's 25 yard run. :mad1:

In fairness, he later had a catch and run for 30 yards, but that holding penalty was a killer.

We do.

He's the guy that was flagged for holding on Ingram's 25 yard run. :mad1:

In fairness, he later had a catch and run for 30 yards, but that holding penalty was a killer.
Johnson made a nice grab, then damn near broke his neck. It's like one step forward, 2 steps back...every time.

I picked the wrong week to not be able to drink.

Crikey.
The Onion is there for you...
80cb10923ee6cdeab2dba8ed925e4614.jpg

I want Christmas booze. But not eggnog. That stuff is 🤢

Anyone have any good recs or recipes?
Crap I am high and can't rember but there was a good one I made one year....got the whole family buzzed as hell. Had never heard of it....don't even remember how I came across the recipe

Maybe I imagined the whole thing

@CapitalCitySaint

OK found it but it's considered more of a Thanksgiving punch. It's hearkens back to the Civil War and it's called USS Richmond punch...I knew it had a military name. It will get everyone forked up...I used champagne instead if club soda to make it more potent.

Ingredients​

• 6 lemons
  • 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
  • 2 cups strong-brewed black tea (2 teabags brewed in 16 ounces water)
  • 2 cups dark Jamaican rum (such as Smith & Cross or Myers’)
  • 2 cups V.S. or V.S.O.P.-grade cognac
  • 2 cups Graham’s Six Grapes ruby port
  • 4 ounces Grand Marnier
  • 1500 milliliter (2 750-milliliter bottles) club soda or champagne
  • Garnish: 20 lemon slices
  • Garnish: grated nutmeg
Tasted great...everyone loved it

@CapitalCitySaint

OK found it but it's considered more of a Thanksgiving punch. It's hearkens back to the Civil War and it's called USS Richmond punch...I knew it had a military name. It will get everyone forked up...I used champagne instead if club soda to make it more potent.

Ingredients​

• 6 lemons
  • 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
  • 2 cups strong-brewed black tea (2 teabags brewed in 16 ounces water)
  • 2 cups dark Jamaican rum (such as Smith & Cross or Myers’)
  • 2 cups V.S. or V.S.O.P.-grade cognac
  • 2 cups Graham’s Six Grapes ruby port
  • 4 ounces Grand Marnier
  • 1500 milliliter (2 750-milliliter bottles) club soda or champagne
  • Garnish: 20 lemon slices
  • Garnish: grated nutmeg
Tasted great...everyone loved it
Look who's using milliliters.

I want Christmas booze. But not eggnog. That stuff is 🤢

Anyone have any good recs or recipes?
Most of the Christmas drink recipes I see are really sweet. Not my cup of tea.

I like to think of more spiced things this time of year. Could you do something like this spiced bourbon cider?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom