Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (11 Viewers)

Can you tell when gout is starting? What's the first sign of it when you know you need to stop?

Well technically it happens at night when you are sleeping. It always feels like someone took a sledgehammer and smashed your toe. I also now have a bunion at age 37. I repeat, have a bunion at 37 which I think is throwing off my gout feelings. I'm having more problems with my toes than ever before. Women are supposed to be the majority of people that suffer from bunions and older ones at that.

Last year when I decided to quit drinking as often is when I first decided to stop drinking 350 days out of every year and that was 11 years in a row. Every year I had a gout attack that lasted 2 weeks so that's how I know I'm not addicted to alcohol besides my brothers example. Mind over matter.

It isn't that simple. You are just fortunate that you arent genetically predisposed to alcohol addiction. I dont either....quitting isnt a problem

Even then there are different types of addiction. I take 75mg of oxycodone, 250mg tramadol, and 900mg gabapentin a day. I dont take the meds to get high so i know i am not mentally addicted but i definitely suffer from physical addiction after 2 years on them

It isn't that simple. You are just fortunate that you arent genetically predisposed to alcohol addiction. I dont either....quitting isnt a problem

Even then there are different types of addiction. I take 75mg of oxycodone, 250mg tramadol, and 900mg gabapentin a day. I dont take the meds to get high so i know i am not mentally addicted but i definitely suffer from physical addiction after 2 years on them

It is that simple. I can go as long as I want without drinking and not have any side effects. The problem is that I choose not to because I like drinking and don't want to go that long without drinking thus having issues MENTALLY.

Scorpius, the only ones you have to answer to are yourself, your family, and god. You don't need to prove anything here. Don't misinterpret people being concerned for judgement. That's not anyone's intent.

It is that simple. I can go as long as I want without drinking and not have any side effects. The problem is that I choose not to because I like drinking and don't want to go that long without drinking thus having issues MENTALLY.

I have seen people deal with alcoholism and it isnt that simple. If you have the genetics that cause addiction, choice got nothing to do with it

That's a mental addiction which is different from physical addiction.

Its both. The fact that it is genetic and that it forks with you dopamine receptors means it is affecting you physically and mentally

Again, you and I are fortunate that we are not genetically predisposed to it

Its both. The fact that it is genetic and that it forks with you dopamine receptors means it is affecting you physically and mentally

Again, you and I are fortunate that we are not genetically predisposed to it

Well of course it can affect you mentally. Every drug alters your state of mind. I'm just saying that you can control your mind over something that controls your body. There's a reason why heroin is harder to quit over marijuana. I'm just not willing to admit that I have zero control over my drinking when that's false. Me drinking is all a choice that I freely make. The only thing holding me back is that I love getting drunk too much. I'd rather be drunk over being sober so of course I drink a lot.

Last edited:
Well of course it can affect you mentally. Every drug alters your state of mind. I'm just saying that you can control your mind over something that controls your body. There's a reason why heroin is harder to quit over marijuana. I'm just not willing to admit that I have zero control over my drinking when that's false. Me drinking is all a choice that I freely make. The only thing holding me back is that I love getting drunk too much. I'd rather be drunk over being sober.

You dont have the genetic issue of getting addicted...its that simple. Like I said you and I are fortunate
Even with heroin, those that are genetically predisposed to addiction to alcohol have a far higher chamce of becoming addicted to opioids (pain killers and heroin)

Like I said, I dont have a mental issue with opioids. I dont take them to get high/buzzed which is a damned good thing because I already take a lot and dont get high.
However if I go 16 hours or so with no meds I do go thru withdrawals. My doctor has already told me that, assuming they can get me out of pain, I will need to be hospitalized to get off the meds

You dont have the genetic issue of getting addicted...its that simple. Like I said you and I are fortunate
Even with heroin, those that are genetically predisposed to addiction to alcohol have a far higher chamce of becoming addicted to opioids (pain killers and heroin)

Like I said, I dont have a mental issue with opioids. I dont take them to get high/buzzed which is a damned good thing because I already take a lot and dont get high.
However if I go 16 hours or so with no meds I do go thru withdrawals. My doctor has already told me that, assuming they can get me out of pain, I will need to be hospitalized to get off the meds

The difference is that I am not on any medications at all, My only issue is with alcohol. Also, I'm guessing you either didn't see or aren't accounting for me and my brother that had died from alcohol abuse. I am now getting too drunk to continue this conversation. I was working on a thought that I now can't continue further. That's one problem with drinking, you don't remember everything. If I was also smoking I'd probably wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom