Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (27 Viewers)

I would actually like a review for both.

I have already reviewed the scotch....its the last of the Nights Watch. It's good, but I think it can be matched or beaten at a lower price. I am going to buy more of the Sugarfield Bourbon I had talked about previously. It's a Louisiana bottled bourbon that is really nice at its $35 price point

I am also ordering some bottles of Talisker Storm for $45. Its probably the best value in scotch that I have found

So my wife and I will celebrate our 22nd anniversary this Sunday, and at the last minute we decided to leave the kids for the weekend and rent a cabin in the mountains, and were actually able to find one just a few days ago.

Anyway, the plan was to try to get out of town by 3:00. My wife went into the office but left early to get home at 2:00. I worked from home, but I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine at lunch, so when she got home I went to jump in the shower and pack.

It was then I noticed that the thermostat in the swamp cooler was off (I had been in the basement and hadn’t noticed how hot it was in the house). I went out and checked the fuse box, and a fuse had flipped, so I put it back, turned the cooler back on, and jumped in the shower. Then it blew again, and a third time when my wife flipped it.

So the cooler is jacked, and now I have to go up on the roof to see what the problem is. Of all the freaking days for this to happen!

Meanwhile, my wife has an issue of her own. This afternoon she found out an employee at her office tested positive. So while I’m on the roof she’s busy telling everyone to vacate and notifying everyone who’s been in the office and also making arrangements to get it deep cleaned. (Fortunately my wife hasn’t been in that person’s presence in a couple weeks.)

The good news was I was able to fix the swamp cooler myself (the pulley and belt had gotten out of alignment), but taking it apart and putting it back together (and having to go up and down the ladder at least a half dozen times) took close to two hours.

So we’re both done with our emergencies, but I’m filthy so I need to take another shower. I take a quick one, throw on some clean clothes and we’re out the door — at 5:00.

So we’re on the road, traffic is what it is, we’ll get to the destination a little later than planned, but it’s all good. Then my wife realizes she forgot her toothbrush. No big deal, we’ll hit a store and buy one. But then I wonder, after my second shower, did I put my toiletries back in the suitcase?

Of course I didn’t, I left them in the forking bathroom. So first thing in town we hit the Safeway and buy toiletries. All we have to do now is go to the cabin and decide where to get some food from.

Except that we can’t get strong enough internet reception to pull up any menus. So we take a short drive back to the Safeway parking lot and start looking at the options. The local pizzeria is the highest rated place in town, so we decide to go with it.

So I call to place an order, and they say it’ll be almost two hours before it’ll be ready. Never mind.

So we decide to order from the next place on the list, a Mexican restaurant. No one answered, but they were supposed to be open and were nearby, so we drove over. They were closed.

It was now after 8:00, and pretty much every thing closed at 9:00, so we said duck it and went to a little taco shop we saw next to Safeway. My wife ordered a burrito, I ordered tacos, we took them back to the cabin. They were delicious.

The rest of the evening was lovely...bringing us to where we were at the beginning of this novella. I think I’ll have one more and hit the sack. Cheers to anyone who made it through!

Congrats Dago! Which day? Our anniversary is the easy to remember numeric palindrome 8/9/98.

(And we didn’t do that on purpose, it was just the day the venue had available.)

I have already reviewed the scotch....its the last of the Nights Watch. It's good, but I think it can be matched or beaten at a lower price. I am going to buy more of the Sugarfield Bourbon I had talked about previously. It's a Louisiana bottled bourbon that is really nice at its $35 price point

I am also ordering some bottles of Talisker Storm for $45. Its probably the best value in scotch that I have found
Budget scotch?

Congrats Dago! Which day? Our anniversary is the easy to remember numeric palindrome 8/9/98.

(And we didn’t do that on purpose, it was just the day the venue had available.)

8/7/2005 for me

But, what about The War for Cybertron?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom