Corona Drinking Thread (renamed) (6 Viewers)

I want to quit drinking. Kind of.

I think about it often. Like what's the point of it? But then....I like drinking.
Do you drink to levels that are going to cause cirrhosis or do you treat people like sheet when you drink or are you failing to pay bills due to drinking?

If the answer to those is 'no' then what's the problem?

Do you drink to levels that are going to cause cirrhosis or do you treat people like sheet when you drink or are you failing to pay bills due to drinking?

If the answer to those is 'no' then what's the problem?
None of the above. I just think about how terrible it is for my health. Predominantly because I am a binge drinker. I don't have one or two. I either don't drink really at all or I have too many drinks and get hungover. There's no in between.

Now, I don't binge like get raging drunk and fight and break things or drunk drive. But I like to drink. Then I drink too much and feel bad the next day.

None of the above. I just think about how terrible it is for my health. Predominantly because I am a binge drinker. I don't have one or two. I either don't drink really at all or I have too many drinks and get hungover. There's no in between.

Now, I don't binge like get raging drunk and fight and break things or drunk drive. But I like to drink. Then I drink too much and feel bad the next day.
Guess that didn't occur to me...most likely because I have never had a hangover

Everyone goes through that I think. I have days where I know I drink way more than I should but dammit.....I enjoy it. I'm not hurting anyone but me, I get daily stuff done, I make sure my wife and kids come first, and I enjoy beers when I can get to them. I see no problem with that. There are days when I know I can't drink beer so I don't. I do drink by myself these days thanks to the pandemic training me on that. Pre-pandemic I never drank by myself because it was boring and almost always just drank on the weekends. I learned to get past that. If I change anything it'll be to go back to just weekend drinking.

Everyone goes through that I think. I have days where I know I drink way more than I should but dammit.....I enjoy it. I'm not hurting anyone but me, I get daily stuff done, I make sure my wife and kids come first, and I enjoy beers when I can get to them. I see no problem with that. There are days when I know I can't drink beer so I don't. I do drink by myself these days thanks to the pandemic training me on that. Pre-pandemic I never drank by myself because it was boring and almost always just drank on the weekends. I learned to get past that. If I change anything it'll be to go back to just weekend drinking.
I have gone back to only weekend drinking - because I get hungover. For me, because I have to be "on" for clients daily, it's really hard to do that hungover.

I have gone back to only weekend drinking - because I get hungover. For me, because I have to be "on" for clients daily, it's really hard to do that hungover.
I certainly understand that. I don't get crippling hangovers. For me the worst I feel is when I stay up late.....that kills me for days. If I have something going on the next day or stuff I know I have to do then I limit what I drink or if I drink at all.

Read about the making of a tout le monde and what it means and then listen to it. Worth the listen for sure.
Listened to it today. Definitely not typical MD but good song.

After listening to several songs I remember why they never really caught no with me. I can't hear or understand Mustaine's vocals in most of their music. Feels like the vocals get drowned out by the music. Not sure if that's because of my hearing loss or if it's the same for others.

With Metallica, I can clearly hear Hetfield's voice in most of their songs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom