Coronavirus humor (12 Viewers)

John Starks and Michael Jordan are both basketball players
but Michael Jordan is ALSO a cultural (societal) phenomenon
if someone comments on John Starks it's probably a 90% certainty (probably more) that the comment is in regards to him as a basketball player
if the comment is about Jordan, more than likely it's about the brand "Jordan"

similarly, with Trump, Pelosi, McConnel, Hillary, AOC, et al, their shadows fall well outside of their impact on political agenda
otoh, Chuck Schumer, JBE, Scalise, Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan have that same '90%' politician thing

and even more to the point, Trump himself would likely deny that he is a politician and identify much more as a tv star

in the long run i'm not sure there's an overall benefit from overdrawing the 'political' lines (kaepernick was way more of a cultural phenomenon that a political one - but i do realize that saying that does not help my point from certain vantages)

i know i'm not going to win this argument
but i don't think i'm wrong

caveat: i consider my argument a cultural one and not specifically political
blah blah blah

you know the 2020 stuff is all fun and games but on two occasions now I have really had to give second thought to wth is going on. Two weeks ago I started to go to my car which was parked under a pine tree. I could not get within 30 feet of it. There had to be 2 or 3 thousand bees swarming around the limb over my car (I got some video but they were stirred and started after me so it was shaky) Anyway I waited two hours and went and moved my car. I have since parked in the front lot of our complex. I have gone back many times looking for a nest but I have never seen the bees again, not one. Then two nights ago it was the termites. We all have the swarms but they got into our apartment some kind of way. They were coming through the vents. We killed probably two hundred of them until about 1 am. I think I saw a little banner "termite class of 2020"

you know the 2020 stuff is all fun and games but on two occasions now I have really had to give second thought to wth is going on. Two weeks ago I started to go to my car which was parked under a pine tree. I could not get within 30 feet of it. There had to be 2 or 3 thousand bees swarming around the limb over my car (I got some video but they were stirred and started after me so it was shaky) Anyway I waited two hours and went and moved my car. I have since parked in the front lot of our complex. I have gone back many times looking for a nest but I have never seen the bees again, not one. Then two nights ago it was the termites. We all have the swarms but they got into our apartment some kind of way. They were coming through the vents. We killed probably two hundred of them until about 1 am. I think I saw a little banner "termite class of 2020"
At least they weren't murder hornets,,, or were they? :eek:

The Mayans didn't say that the world was going to end in 2012. It was the beginning of a new cycle. We might as well get used to it.

The Mayans didn't say that the world was going to end in 2012. It was the beginning of a new cycle. We might as well get used to it.

I am beginning to wonder if the interpretation was a little off. The end of the world wasn't 2012. The beginning of the end was 2012. We're just getting much closer to the actual end now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom