Coronavirus humor (6 Viewers)

Uh...its weird to pronounce clothes...clothes? Is this a regional thing? Saying close, I mean.

It could be. Here in the PNW, the items you put on your body are "clothes" with the "th" just barely pronounced. It's almost "close". Whereas the act of putting these items onto someone has the "th" much more pronounced.

"He clo-ths his kid in handmedown clothes"

some people apparently think that a coronavirus humor thread is for political posts

kinda funny how they would be attacking others and they failed in the simple comprehension of what this thread is for
this thread has lost its way.

Once again, folks...
Keep the politics/Inflammatory stuff off of the EE board and on the appropriate board. If you simply cannot or will not you may be banned from replying to this thread.

It's pretty simple, just stay on topic:
Humor yes
Inflammatory/political/ partisan no

It could be. Here in the PNW, the items you put on your body are "clothes" with the "th" just barely pronounced. It's almost "close". Whereas the act of putting these items onto someone has the "th" much more pronounced.

"He clo-ths his kid in handmedown clothes"
Yeah...this is what I'm used to as well. Maybe I just dont listen to other people say it clothes enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom