Corps of Engineers could be liable for QUADRILLIONS (1 Viewer)

SaintsFan11

Semper annus alter erit.
Reaction score
Corps could be liable for quadrillions

Since Hurricane Katrina, nearly a half million law suits have been filed against the Army Corps of Engineers for deaths or flood related injuries. Out of that number, 247 are claims asking for a billion dollars or more. The Times Picayune added up all the claims and came up with a total of $3 quadrillion.

That’s $3,013,283,057,589,910, to be exact. And no cents.

http://www.theind.com/blog/2008/01/corps-could-be-liable-for-quadrillions.asp

ACOE: "Will that be cash or check?"
Victim: "Nah! Make it gold. I don't trust your money."

Corps could be liable for quadrillions

Since Hurricane Katrina, nearly a half million law suits have been filed against the Army Corps of Engineers for deaths or flood related injuries. Out of that number, 247 are claims asking for a billion dollars or more. The Times Picayune added up all the claims and came up with a total of $3 quadrillion.

That’s $3,013,283,057,589,910, to be exact. And no cents.

http://www.theind.com/blog/2008/01/corps-could-be-liable-for-quadrillions.asp

So that's 3 quadrillion, 13 trillion, 283 billion, 57 million, 589 thousand, 9 hundred and 10?

Wow.

That's alotta beer, at least where I'm from...

this is just mentally challenged. So if the people win all this money where do you think it will come from? It will come from you of course. so you arr paying yourself minus what the lawyers get so basically you are simply giving money away to the lawyers! Yes I know all of america nad not just new orleans tax payers will pay for this but still it is mentally challenged and if they win then no one will touch a leave with a 10 foot poll which means eventually there will be another katrina and the city will flood again and no one will fix it and there will be no more new orleans!

great lawsuits!!!

this is just mentally challenged. So if the people win all this money where do you think it will come from? It will come from you of course. so you arr paying yourself minus what the lawyers get so basically you are simply giving money away to the lawyers! Yes I know all of america nad not just new orleans tax payers will pay for this but still it is mentally challenged and if they win then no one will touch a leave with a 10 foot poll which means eventually there will be another katrina and the city will flood again and no one will fix it and there will be no more new orleans!

great lawsuits!!!

And about $700,000 of that is my lawsuit.
I lost everything except my life, the lives of my wfe & children and my dog. Insurance covered about 80% (a generous estimate) of the value of the physical stuff.
This does not factor in the losses that I am still incurring because my now relocated business was established from that home and who knows the amount of income that I am losing to this day due to this mess.
Not to mention about $150,000 worth of equity in that house that I'll never see.
Mental distress? Hell yea, I was pretty messed up for a good 24 months from the stress of not having a permanant home with 3 kids and a home based business which I was trying to reestablish. etc, etc etc. Put a price on that.
I know for a fact that I'll never see a penny of that money, but I feel better doing it. And if someday my children, my grandchildren, or my dog comes into some of that money, then good for them. Its a statement about the pathetic condition of man made flood protection and the false sense of security in that city and I am proud to be a part of that statement.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/15008459/detail.html

Here's another link to the story from another source. This one has one tidbit that will be totally glossed over by the media:
"NEW ORLEANS -- Hurricane Katrina's victims have put a more than $3 quadrillion price tag on their suffering... including one for an even $3 quadrillion filed by someone in Baker -- 93 miles northwest of New Orleans"

So one idiot puts down "$3 quadrillion" on his form and all of a sudden the entire gulf coast looks like we are asking for that much. Typical.

Why stop at $3 quadrillion? Why not just sue for $1 gazillion?

http://www.wdsu.com/news/15008459/detail.html

Here's another link to the story from another source. This one has one tidbit that will be totally glossed over by the media:
"NEW ORLEANS -- Hurricane Katrina's victims have put a more than $3 quadrillion price tag on their suffering... including one for an even $3 quadrillion filed by someone in Baker -- 93 miles northwest of New Orleans"

So one idiot puts down "$3 quadrillion" on his form and all of a sudden the entire gulf coast looks like we are asking for that much. Typical.

And the guy is from Baker, he was not even affected by Katrina. Not even a transplant.

I thought there was something wonky with their math. Three quadrillion is more than the sum total of all wealth ever accumulated by mankind.

That still leaves 13 trillion, though. That's the entire GDP for a couple years.

You have to aim high so that, if you go to arbitration or if you get a lower ruling, you will still get what you wanted in the first place.

This guy really doesn't want 3 quadrillion. I'm sure he'll be totally willing to settle for 800 trillion! :9:

Anyone know the status of the class action suit against the Corps for the 17th Street Canal breach? Also, how long will it take for this suit to be resolved? Decades?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom