Corrugated metal sheets needed! (1 Viewer)

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wanting to make our house more "flood ready" when we rebuild and need lots of these sheets. If you know of anyone with some laying around (even rusty ones) PLEASE let me know.. I would love to have them.

For those not sure what I'm referring to, basically it's the metal sheets used on the roofs of camps.

370a47354dc097e72e6b7800556ecb7b.jpg

I'm wanting to make our house more "flood ready" when we rebuild and need lots of these sheets. If you know of anyone with some laying around (even rusty ones) PLEASE let me know.. I would love to have them.

For those not sure what I'm referring to, basically it's the metal sheets used on the roofs of camps.

370a47354dc097e72e6b7800556ecb7b.jpg

Sorry to hear you flooded. Good luck with it, but I wanted to let you know if you have to use new panels to get the look you want you can scrub them to remove the coating and use muriatic acid or toilet cleaner to force them to rust.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Kevin. I don't have any tin, but I will keep you in mind if I run into any and will keep a look out.

Sorry to hear you flooded. Good luck with it, but I wanted to let you know if you have to use new panels to get the look you want you can scrub them to remove the coating and use muriatic acid or toilet cleaner to force them to rust.

Good to know thank you!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Kevin. I don't have any tin, but I will keep you in mind if I run into any and will keep a look out.

Thanks buddy! We are safe and healthy so we will be ok but I'm definitely wanting to rebuild as "flood ready" as possible

Thanks buddy! We are safe and healthy so we will be ok but I'm definitely wanting to rebuild as "flood ready" as possible

Kevin, let me know if you need any help rebuilding. I'm off Fri-Mon most of the time.

Kevin, let me know if you need any help rebuilding. I'm off Fri-Mon most of the time.

Will do.. we're still dealing with Insurance and FEMA right now but I have hip surgery on Monday so I'll be out of doing any kind of work for a while :rant:

Feel free to come take down my neighbor's shed. I think if you do it in the middle of the night, they probably won't notice.

Feel free to come take down my neighbor's shed. I think if you do it in the middle of the night, they probably won't notice.

Great thinking.. I'll just blame it on Pokemon Go if he comes outside.

What does flood ready mean? You're going to build your whole house with materials that can just get hosed out? Are you in a super low area that floods every year or something? Where you gonna put your electrical outlets?

What does flood ready mean? You're going to build your whole house with materials that can just get hosed out? Are you in a super low area that floods every year or something? Where you gonna put your electrical outlets?

We are by some rivers so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again though I hope not. We love the look of the rusted/worn down metal so instead of replacing the sheetrock that we pulled down I'm thinking of doing the lower half of the wall with the metal so if the water starts coming up in our yard from the swamp out back I can pull the screws and yank the insulation to put into plastic bins. That way the metal won't be impacted by the water and the insulation is dry. Just trying to think ahead.

We are by some rivers so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again though I hope not. We love the look of the rusted/worn down metal so instead of replacing the sheetrock that we pulled down I'm thinking of doing the lower half of the wall with the metal so if the water starts coming up in our yard from the swamp out back I can pull the screws and yank the insulation to put into plastic bins. That way the metal won't be impacted by the water and the insulation is dry. Just trying to think ahead.

Sounds like a bad plan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom