Costume's for Kids-Catholic Style (1 Viewer)

The Saints George one is pretty cool though.

The whole tone of the website is pretty much utterly silly and over the top

of course I wouldn't expect you to see that

Haha, I guess its a good thing I'm known as one of the ones who wouldn't love to see kids in mini-skirts with ripped fish net stalkings. :mwink:

Last edited:
Its a known fact that the Catholic girls in school are more likely than anyone to be whores - and they are usually better looking than the Baptists.
Plus, the Baptists always end up pregnant.

My daughter heard about the popular poster from the 70's of the pregnant Brownie (Girl Scout) and spent a whole day looking for a size 5 uniform for Halloween.

I'm confused...

The seem to want to PROMOTE their Catholic costumes by saying
Why Catholic Children's Costumes?
Aside from the obvious Catholic reasons, we are absolutely horrified at the costumes that are being offered this season.
Want to dress your little girl like
a street walker or jail bait?

Perhaps you'd like to encourage pedophilia
Yet the costume is a Catholic Priest.

:covri:

The whole tone of the website is pretty much utterly silly and over the top

I dont understand what you feel is silly and over the top? The tone of the site is pretty much the way devout catholics live. It may not be the way you want to live but I dont understand your opposition to what they stand for? If you feel that way you definitely have a right, but surely there are worse things going on in the world to oppose this way of life? I know many families that dress strictly religious for Halloween and a place like this caters to them. I agree that they are many terrible costumes for children these days. Perhaps you are right, we should only dress in evil things, perish the though people would dress to honor saints of their church? Perhaps their wording is a bit harsh but I do understand what they mean and is the kind of adverstisement the type of customers they are targeting would understand.

Last edited:
I dont understand what you feel is silly and over the top? The tone of the site is pretty much the way devout catholics live. It may not be the way you want to live but I dont understand your oposition to what they stand for? If you feel that way you definitely have a right, but surely there are worse things going on in the world to oppose this way of life? I know many families that dress strictly religious for Halloween and a place like this caters to them. I agree that they are many terrible costumes for children these days. Perhaps you are right, we should only dress in evil things, perish the though people would dress to honor saints of their church?

Misses the point completely

Perhaps their wording is a bit harsh but I do understand what they mean and is the kind of adverstisement the type of customers they are targeting would understand.

So their customers are best reached through scare tactics and complete and absurd absolutes?

That sounds like they've got a rather naive and simple customer base

If you're attempting to reach devout catholics you can easily say "In response to the holdiay celbrated on October 31 we offer the following religious themed costumes to help you celebrate and rejoice in your faith."

Plus if Halloween was the big scary and evil path direct to hell that they make it out to be why make money off of it? Furthermore, why the need to add 'gore factor' to these religious costumes?

I don't know many devout catholics who run in terrorem ads that promote their products as the alternative to promoting pedophilia.

Just people who are marketing to what they think are idiots.

Misses the point completely

So their customers are best reached through scare tactics and complete and absurd absolutes?

That sounds like they've got a rather naive and simple customer base

If you're attempting to reach devout catholics you can easily say "In response to the holdiay celbrated on October 31 we offer the following religious themed costumes to help you celebrate and rejoice in your faith."

Plus if Halloween was the big scary and evil path direct to hell that they make it out to be why make money off of it? Furthermore, why the need to add 'gore factor' to these religious costumes?

Maybe they're just playing off of the anger that the parents have...which is quite different than scare tactics. Anytime I heard parents talking about this its with a great deal of anger and emotion.

Maybe they're just playing off of the anger that the parents have...which is quite different than scare tactics. Anytime I heard parents talking about this its with a great deal of anger and emotion.

I'm pretty sure that equating a kid going out for Halloween in anything but their costumes will mean the kid gets taken by a pedophile is pretty much the jist of the quote I posted earlier. That plays on people's fears not anger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom