Could a fixed camera on the Sideline & Goaline become a reality? (1 Viewer)

Why wouldn't it be? That's the better question. As a league when your officials can't get it right, even with the benefit of replay, you have to take away as much responsibility from them as possible. Out of bounds shouldn't be a judgement call. Crossing the goaline shouldn't be a judgement call. I think they should have sensors on the goal posts as well to make sure they can't mess that up.

They will never be able to get rid of the human element of officiating but fundamental things like whether or not a guy stepped out of bounds shouldn't be this difficult in 2016.

This should have been implemented when instant replay was implemented. It's such an obvious thing to do, that I believe it wasn't done on purpose to keep calls more of a toss up when the refs review.

It's only 2016. Why should they actually use some of that money they've been raking in for the past forever to actually make the game better?

Excellent - Officiating needs big reform, and I think spending money on camera technology is the first and biggest step.

Next, I think they need to take a look at making more things reviewable...namely personal fouls, including facemasks, and P.I. These are the main calls and non-calls that are changing games.

Who knew that there were so many missed calls before instant replay (and add in HD cameras to slow the action down and still get high resolution).

I doubt that the quality of referee-ing has changed much over the past 50 years.

Given the choice today, give me pre-instant replay.

I'd vote for fixed goal line cameras... but not for fixed sideline cameras.

I believe that adding a 2nd Field Judge and a 2nd Side Line Judge placed further downfield (maybe 40 or 50 yards further downfield than where they stand today (20 yards downfield)) would be as, or more effective than fixed sideline cameras.

Today's referees are too old and too slow to keep up with the speed of today's game, especially on sideline calls.

And the sole responsibility of these additional refs would be only to rule on out-of-bounds.

We don't need additional refs calling penalties. God knows that we have enough penalties being called today.

Those cameras don't even need to be manned, just put a few GoPros up or something. For the NFL this would cost them peanuts, and save them from further embarrassment.

Put a freaking laser grid around the entire field. Lasers everywhere...

2cpeq6p.jpg

They'll screw it up somehow. Like, they'll use one camera per sideline, situated behind the end zone and either it won't be zoomed in enough, or they won't get a clear shot because other players are in the way. They need to be mounted to the roof every 20 yards or so, pointing straight down.

I don't know, ratings are low enough. Do you think people want to watch a bunch people turning into cubed meat every Sunday?

What if we change out all the refs for sharks with lasers?? I mean... couldn't hurt right? :scratch:

wwggbd.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom