Could Antonio Brown dismantle a promising season for the Bucs? (1 Viewer)

Let's see how he reacts to Brady throwing it more to Evans or Tommy Miller in a game.

He sure as hell had a problem with Juju catching his share of passes in PA.

Flip side, he could become a good team mate. I truly believe Tampa will be his last stop win, lose or draw.

I think they are hoping for the humbled AB much like the Patriots got the humbled Randy Moss back after Moss had a few tumultuous seasons prior.

And what do those guys have in common? Both are going to be catching passes from Brady. So maybe the hope is Brady can use that voodoo again.

Anyway, not having an offseason in the spotlight helps AB and his uncanny ability to find trouble, COVID restrictions could also help him stay out of trouble.

As for the locker room - I'd be willing to bet he's a good boy at the chance of a better opportunity down the road and he gets to hop on to a contender in a warm climate and play in a wide open offense.

I don't think it will implode because AB causes problems. Remember T.O. behaved in his brief stints with Buffalo and Cincinnati, so even the biggest headache WRs can tone it down for a short single season run.

I just wonder if AB will be the AB of old on the field with no game action in over a year and almost a half.

If he starts to become a problem they can just cut him immediately and then slum it as a team who's won 5 of their last 6 games with the only loss being a 1-pointer to a 5-2 team.

I’m betting AB will be fine shadowing behind Brady’s leadership. No doubt they’ve had that “no problems” discussion. Pretty sure AB won’t have any problems blowing past M. Williams either.

Won't allow him to play or won't allow him to dismantle it? It's not like he's through his troubles.
Yeah he's still got a civil case for raping a woman pending.

But Roger goodell, champion for women's rights (sarcasm), is going to let him play.

I'd say there's a decent chance this doesn't work out. But I think all this talk about AB poisoning the locker room, ruining the chemistry, etc. is a little overblown.

Arians made it clear that if Brown so much as gets a ticket for jaywalking he's gone. My guess is he'll be on his best behaviour to try to snag a new deal next season, b/c he knows it's his last chance. And as far as I'm concerned, even if he only makes it through the Bucs tough four-game stretch (starting with the Saints) he'll have been worth it. The schedule gets much easier after that. His contract is for the league minimum and mild incentives, it's pro-rated and none of it is guaranteed. He doesn't play, he doesn't get paid. Cutting him will be fairly painless if it comes to it.

PS...My first post here. Mad respect for Saint's fans, been lurking here since the start of the season. Compared to what I saw the past week in the Raiders forums, you guys are a class act. I won't say "good luck" because no one ever means it when they say that about rival teams while their team is still in it, but I do like that Saints.
Thanks for posting, you seem like a very level-headed person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom