Could Cam Jordan drop weight and play OLB? (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So im googling 3-4 stuff and i come across an article tht states the above. It then links u to a video of cam discussing the switch.

So it gets me thinking. So i go back and check Jordans combine results..then compared them to Aldon Smiths.

My findings.....

Cam Jordan is a HELL of an athlete and could do it

WITH EASE

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Cameron Jordan

Vs

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Aldon Smith

Cam carrying nearly 20 extra pounds either matches or out performs him.

Aldon Smith has longer arms...but Cams paws are bigger.

I could see if Cam was some lumbering guy...but putting up those numbers@ his weight was insane. Hes an athlete...and is still developing as a passrusher.

Is he an option......Thoughts???

We could move down and draft Datone Jones

Edit. link to article below

SAINTS

Isnt his chief asset being a run stopper?
I suppose he could but not sure how that fits into the mix of players we have

Solb maybe. I mean with that Data..its plausible and interesting. We still have a need @ Rush LB.

Also ive suddenly become very cautious about drafting an OLB early. Vernon Gholston comes to mind.

Why would he?

He is the ideal defensive end In a 3-4. Its not just about size, Cam plays better when he stunts to the inside. he is a horrible edge rusher. When SP made the comments about the team already starting to make moves towards the 3-4 scheme, he was talking about the drafting of cam Jordan.

WhoDatElite said:
Why would he?

He is the ideal defensive end In a 3-4. Its not just about size, Cam plays better when he stunts to the inside. he is a horrible edge rusher. When SP made the comments about the team already starting to make moves towards the 3-4 scheme, he was talking about the drafting of cam Jordan.

I don't think he's a bad edge rusher. I think another year or two in the 4-3, he'd be a 12, 15 sack type of player. I just hope whatever role we put him in he commits 100%. Nothing he's done so far makes me think he can't do it.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Why would he?

His #'s and 20lbs lighter says he could be a damn good Rush OLB too...SOLB@ worse as ive seen him drop in coverage too.

Just a thought n figured it was worth some good discussion

He will be a monster at the 5-technique, and makes more sense there. It's great that we have a player who is such an athletic marvel at DE.

I think it would be a waste of his talents, he's already pretty much built ideally for the 5-tech 3-4 Defensive End role.

Datone Jones is overrated IMO. Putting Jordan at 3-4 OLB is like how we put Tez at DE last year. He could do it but it would limit him and would not be using him to his best. I think the biggest reason Aldon is good is his long arms, which are longer than Jordan's. IMO Jordan is a BEAST and perfect fit at 3-4 END.

He's way better with his hand in the dirt. He's really athletic for a DE, but not quite athletic enough to play OLB. He's just doesnt the burst off the snap to standing up.

He's way better with his hand in the dirt. He's really athletic for a DE, but not quite athletic enough to play OLB. He's just doesnt the burst off the snap to standing up.

True...but read aldon smiths scouting report..he supposedly didnt have superb burst.

Im not suggesting he should just asking could he.

Google saints 3-4 defense and ul come across a link tht says

Cam Joran may be moving to OLB in 3-4. Then it links u to the video posted last week of him commenting on the switch.

Sure aldon smith has longer arms and vertical but Cam Carried 20 extra lbs. Aldon didnt even play much DE and no OLb when he came out. So he was unpolished too.

Just meant for discussion.

Though it will be funny if it ends up happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom