Could definitely see some changes at DE taking place next year (1 Viewer)

Pilz-E

Always Lurking
Reaction score
Today grant and smith combined for two, count'em TWO tackles and put zero pressue on Kolb. Neither of them have any moves to speak of. They just sort of bull rush every play. They're not fast enough to get around the tackles and not powerful enough to knock them out of the way. They've just been sort of a non factor. Being able to get pressure with our front four on a consistent basis would really elevate this D to a whole new level.

Clancy being out hurt us.

It is disheartening that those guys didn't get more tackles when the Eagles were running the wildcat though.

eagles giants and titans have the best O-Lines hargrove smith and mccray put pressure on kolb; even the giants dont get to the qb every play

Grant seems to be the guy that "takes up blockers". I know it's not a pretty job, but we completely shutting down the run, last week, He's very overpaid, it's been established here a long time ago...might as well stop beating a dead horse and just work with what we have...for the time being. stop complaining we out played the eagles in every aspect of the game

Either of them I think will have long careers because they'll be guys that play physical and can play either DE or DT, but we do need some more depth that we can rotate in there and getting some type of speed guy would be nice to add.

I also agree that we need another DT.

Smith needs to go...He doesn't do **** out there. McCray is outperforming him by a mile...Even Hargrove brings more to the game than he is. Grant needs to take a pay cut, but he is still playing his **** off....

I'd like to see us draft a good DE in either round 1 or 2 next year.

I'd like to see us draft a good DE in either round 1 or 2 next year.

this is who i'm looking at drafting next year to help our pass rush problems.

1) terrance cody
2)george selvie ---------really good speed rusher
3)derrick morgan-----------really good speed rusher
4)corey wooten
5)everson griffen

next year is a long way off but keep an eye on those guys.

McCray was the only DE that I saw out there. Grant and Smith can collapse a pocket, but that is about it. Usually the ball is out by then. All of the wildcat crap didn't help their game.

Lets not worry about next year right now.
Yea we could use another quality DT, DE, LB but that is next year and this is our season to shine.

eagles giants and titans have the best O-Lines hargrove smith and mccray put pressure on kolb; even the giants dont get to the qb every play

Grant seems to be the guy that "takes up blockers". I know it's not a pretty job, but we completely shutting down the run, last week, He's very overpaid, it's been established here a long time ago...might as well stop beating a dead horse and just work with what we have...for the time being. stop complaining we out played the eagles in every aspect of the game

The Eagles do not have one of the top 3 OLs in the NFL. They've lost Shawn Andrews for the year and his brother was demoted this week. That was two new starters on the right side of the OL. Hardly one of the best.

I wished they would play McCray more. I think he should be one of our starting DE.

How about some changes this year? rotating the backups in for more snaps. McCray had a nice sack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom