Could Larry Grant be good for Saints? (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
CSN Bay Area doesn't expect the 49ers to re-sign free agent ILB Larry Grant.

Grant turned in an impressive three-game cameo in place of an injured Patrick Willis in 2011, but surprisingly played just 21 snaps on defense in 2012. An unrestricted free agent, Grant will surely seek a starting job, but could have trouble finding one.

49ers' top free-agent priority? Dashon Goldson | CSN Bay Area

no, Hawthorne is much better. Give him one healthy season and watch. Chamberlain is also an above average backup.

ohhhhh LB and the name "Grant" stirs up some bad memories.

Why not? At this point I'm not going to turn my nose up to ANY possible pick ups. Hell, bring em all in. I say yes to Larry Grant and I say yes to every single player brought up in these types of threads!

New Orleans Saints Defense: Help Wanted

He's as good if not better than any lbs we have. Has the attitude our defense needs, and practiced every day with two of the best ilbs in a 3-4. Hawthorne is not a 3-4 ILB never has been. He is not physical enough to play ILB in a 3-4. I would take grant in a New York second! Could walk in and start day one, and still has plenty of tread left on the tires.

I don't think it would take much to get Grant and he already has knowledge of playing ILB in a 3-4

I'm pretty sure we will be cutting a few LB's of our own. Herring, Casillas, Shanle and Chamberlain just to name a few. So, I think that Grant would be a smart pick up.

Sure, add him to the rotation. Heck of a LB corps there.

OLB - Martez Wilson (S), Junior Gallete (S/B), Chris Chamberlain (B), Dion Jordan (S/R)
ILB - Curtis Lofton (S), David Hawthorne (S), Jonathan Casillas (B), Larry Grant (B)

Sure, add him to the rotation. Heck of a LB corps there.

OLB - Martez Wilson (S), Junior Gallete (S/B), Chris Chamberlain (B), Dion Jordan (S/R)
ILB - Curtis Lofton (S), David Hawthorne (S), Jonathan Casillas (B), Larry Grant (B)

You would probably cut Hawthorne & Chamberlain and start Grant

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom