Could Manti Te'O be the Chargers next Junior Seau? (1 Viewer)

The guy hasn't played a down in the NFL and you're asking if he could be the next junior seau? Are you kidding me?

Im saying this because I think he has the potential to be great. No one will ever replace junior seau. But from what I have seen from his college career bcs title game excluded, he has the potential to be a tremendous player. Lets face it, notre dame didn't have a shot in the title game. Manti Te'o is a good player and with hard work I think he has the potential to be the chargers next great player.

Rewatch the national championship game and tell me you come to the same conclusion. He looked like a career special teams player against Alabama's NFL caliber guys.

As I said, the title game was just a bad day. Notre Dame didn't have a shot in that game. Everyone has a bad game

Ingram could become the next emmitt smith i suppose. Anything's possible..

Doesn't mean it's probable though

Im saying this because I think he has the potential to be great. No one will ever replace junior seau. But from what I have seen from his college career bcs title game excluded, he has the potential to be a tremendous player. Lets face it, notre dame didn't have a shot in the title game. Manti Te'o is a good player and with hard work I think he has the potential to be the chargers next great player.

What specifically did he do that impressed you in college?

I've seen him play in several games too and he never once looked remarkabley stronger, faster, or completely dominant especially since the majority of his games were against not so good teams. His stats and numbers are relatively high, but he never defensively took over games forcing offenses to completely adjust ther strategy to avoid him on the field.

He was just pretty good for a college MLB, and the style of defense ND runs highly pads MLB stats. They press the outsides and funnel the ball carriers back towards the center were their MLB plays behind the lineman so he is free to attack. Whenever he had to engage blockers or attempt to get in the backfield, he was swallowed up and made a non factor 9 out of 10.

Dude what in the world tape are you watching. Seau was excellent at shedding blocks. All you have to do is put on tr Alabama game. It is honestly one of the worst performances by an "elite college" linebacker you will ever see. Lacy absolutely steamrolls him on several occasions and on a dozen more he gets blocked ten yards downfield. Truly embarrassing.
And I'm an LSU alumni I hate giving bama props. He could be a good pro, but there is plenty of evidence that would point the other way.

Seau = bigger, stronger, faster, intense work ethic, and Seau had Hall of Fame level intincts. I'd compare Teo to the drunk middle linebacker from Notredame the Saints drafted years ago.

I just can't recall who you are talking about, that the Saints drafted years ago? Who is it?

No. Amongst a laundry list of reasons, number one...he's not the take charge, hype, light a fire underneath you, field general Seau was.

Seau = bigger, stronger, faster, intense work ethic, and Seau had Hall of Fame level intincts. I'd compare Teo to the drunk middle linebacker from Notredame the Saints drafted years ago.

Watson! Still have that reoccurring dream of when we drafted him! More like a nightmare, I have to be honest.

Never seen a Raiders fan here before, even though you joined in June 2012?

It will take Te'O years of NFL seasons to even be compared with the likes of Seau. There is no promise that he will even adapt well in San Diego. He already has a lot to live up to before him being in the talks along with the 'Tasmanian Devil'.

Never seen a Raiders fan here before, even though you joined in June 2012?

It will take Te'O years of NFL seasons to even be compared with the likes of Seau. There is no promise that he will even adapt well in San Diego. He already has a lot to live up to before him being in the talks along with the 'Tasmanian Devil'.

It just reminds me that the Chargers are what they are..... Another wasted draft pick. IMO.

Book em Danno....!!!

I was talking to one of the Chargers faithful just the other day. He was telling me how great Te'o was going to be. I told him well at least they don't have to play anyone from the SEC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom