Could Manti Te'O be the Chargers next Junior Seau? (1 Viewer)

BigRaiderFan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
After watching highlights of both players, I have seen frightening similarities. They both are solid tacklers (bcs title game aside, everyone has one of those days), great instincts, play with a high level of intensity, and good football IQ. I know that no one can truly replace Junior Seau (rip), but I believe that Te'O may be the closet that they have come to a player of his caliber. But don't let me hog all of the thinking space, let me get your opinions. PEACE.

Seau = bigger, stronger, faster, intense work ethic, and Seau had Hall of Fame level intincts. I'd compare Teo to the drunk middle linebacker from Notredame the Saints drafted years ago.

We'll have to wait an find out when the season starts, just like we will with the rest of the rookies. Odds are he won't be, but you never know until he's played a few sundays.

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by someone being the next someone else when the only thing that is similar are where they play and how their ethnicity.

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by someone being the next someone else when the only thing that is similar is where they play and how closely their ethnicity.

I do enjoy how ever white receiver is the "next Wes Welker" regardless of whether or not they play similarly to him at all.

I do enjoy how ever white receiver is the "next Wes Welker" regardless of whether or not they play similarly to him at all.
i agree. it not if he be the next junior seau, its he looks like JS so thats who we grade him. its the same as good white basketball players who get compared to larry bird

good white basketball players
246235d1361454637t-laughing-hysterically.gif

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by someone being the next someone else when the only thing that is similar are where they play and how their ethnicity.

I think its just a natural thing to do. There are several similarities between Seau and Te'o. Both are Polynesian and both are/were middle linebackers for the Chargers. It is natural for a person to automatically start comparing them to each other.

Same thing goes for any sport. In basketball, would you say that Kobe Bryant reminds you more of Michael Jordan or Larry Bird? If you say Bird, you are lying.

i agree. it not if he be the next junior seau, its he looks like JS so thats who we grade him. its the same as good white basketball players who get compared to larry bird

wow, you were typing about Larry Bird at the same time i was. What are the odds of that? How the heck did we both think of Larry Bird when the thread is about Te'o and Seau lol?

Rewatch the national championship game and tell me you come to the same conclusion. He looked like a career special teams player against Alabama's NFL caliber guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom