Could McCain Choose Huckabee as VP running mate? (1 Viewer)

You know, not everyone who believes in God or has faith believes in Creationism. It's possible to have faith that there is a god and believe in evolution. Belief in Creationism is simply a willingness to sacrifice logic and facts for faith. And, that's fine if that's what you choose, but personally I don't want a person who is willing to ignore facts and logic governing my country.

You know the funny thing is I personally would not prefer a person governing our country who did not believe that there were things unexplained by science, or more precisely having the intellectual compulsion to have to explain and breakdown all we feel and experience in life down to an scientific path of logic. Not being sarcastic, and saying this knowing I use logic all day long in my life and profession, and knowing that a President would too in his/hers regardless if they believed in something not provable by science. :dunno:

No, I didn't.

Spam...

"people who believe in stupid stuff"

I am not offended mind you, just want to say thats how it comes off, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

I can tell you are real smart, seriously, but I know even you can't explain everything. For me its tough because I have encountered God in my life where some others have not and it makes me stupid, a lunatic, or a liar.

I knew there was a reason I could not get this darn building design done very quickly tonight...

and the wife likely kill her next patient tommorrow, better warn her not to count on that 12 years of post high school education and training, thanks!

If that twelve years of higher education didn't equip her to understand the ability of bacteria and viruses to evolve, then much of it was wasted. Though she may still be a fine people-mechanic.

So is McCain gonna Choose Huckabee as VP running mate?

Spam...

I am not offended mind you, just want to say thats how it comes off, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

I can tell you are real smart, seriously, but I know even you can't explain everything. For me its tough because I have encountered God in my life where some others have not and it makes me stupid, a lunatic, or a liar.

I think the "theory" of creationism is kooky. It appears to me, though I could be wrong as I don't believe Huckabee has ever come out and said it, that Huckabee's world view leans strongly towards creationism. Ipso facto Huckabee believes kooky things. This concerns me.

Not all Christians believe in creationism. Not all people of faith are Christians. Just because all C are B and all B are A, does not mean all B are C and it sure as hell doesn't mean all A are C.

Or that requires a widow to marry her brother in law.

Obviously an amendment requiring slaves to obey their masters is out with me.

I would support one requiring people to render to Caesar what is Caesars.

Oh, and one making me the leader of my home and forcing my wife to obey me. I'm tired of getting pushed around. :hihi:

I thought it was the Commandments that he said that about? Not that I would agree with making it illegal to stare at the hot wife next door but stoning them wouldn't be in it.

Spam...

To be a Young-Earth Creationist pretty much requires at least one of the three. With perhaps an option for D: Woefully ignorant.

And yes, I do believe that should he continue in the race, sooner or later one of his opponents will nail Huckabee's Jello to a tree and force him to give a straight answer on the subject. Something along the lines of "Do you believe that the Flood of Noah happened as described in the Bible sometime about 4500 years ago?" Should he by some bizarre twist of fate be the GOP nominee, you can bet your last donut Clinton or Obama will hammer him on it.

Could you in good conscience support a true-believing Flat Earther for President?

Same thing.

I thought it was the Commandments that he said that about? Not that I would agree with making it illegal to stare at the hot wife next door but stoning them wouldn't be in it.

The phrase "God's laws" would also encompass Mosaic law.

Of course, the First Amendment and the First Commandment are in direct opposition to one another.

As an American, which should prevail?

Do you guys think McCain would choose him if he wins the nomination? Would Huckabee take it? If you said yes to both these questions could a deal be inplace already?

Thoughts?

at this point i think republicans are stupid enough to do just about anything. They've all but nominated a monderate democrat and i'm sure the religous right would be easily placated by having the token VP spot.

It doesn't really matter now. Unless Romny can run the table a real democrat is going to beat the wanna be democrat.

The phrase "God's laws" would also encompass Mosaic law.

Of course, the First Amendment and the First Commandment are in direct opposition to one another.

As an American, which should prevail?

I meant that I thought Huckabee's comment was about the Commandments and not God's Law....but I couldn't remember correclty so that's probably wrong.

And the First Amendment should prevail. God created man to have Free Will. To force other people to worship Him would be to undermine what He did.

It doesn't really matter now. Unless Romny can run the table a real democrat is going to beat the wanna be democrat.

I dunno. McCain seems to do better with Indies than Hillary. That might be the only matchup that has Repubs winning....and your stretching on how far left he is.

Lieberman has already said he wouldn't do it.

If he were smart he'd make peace with Romney and put him on the ticket. The "conservative" Republicans have been so supportive of Romney in an effort to derail McCain they would have to fall in line. They have been as hateful of Huckster (if not more-so) than McCain so Huckabee doesn't buy him anything with the conservative base just the religious extremists.

I think Romny should leave the republican party and enter the general election as a independent or a libertarian.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom