Could McCain Choose Huckabee as VP running mate? (1 Viewer)

No, but like many others the creationism and amending the Constitution thing put him on my black list. Voting for him as VP is like saying I'm OK with him being President and I'm just not comfortable even with that possibility.

Absolutely correct, but I think no one on earth can tell McCain what to do. The VP is no longer a ticket balancer. Today, it's someone who can go into the Oval Office, and in his case, younger. How about Tom Coburn, Mitch Daniels (Gov-IN), Tim Pawlenty (Gov-MN), Matt Blunt (Gov-MO), and Mark Sanford (Gov-SC)? This man needs serious electoral help in the fall, particularly if Obama wins the Dem nomination.

Do you all think that picking Thompson as the VP would help sway many conservatives? Or Duncan Hunter?

Do you all think that picking Thompson as the VP would help sway many conservatives? Or Duncan Hunter?

Thompson would help. He is a right wing radio darling. He and McCain are good friends.

Hmmm.....

McCain-Huckabee will be a disaster. McCain is so much better than that...

Are you really trying to suggest that having an understanding of logic and scientific method implies (in the strict logical sense of the term) that science and logic must explain and account for everything? Are you actually claiming that it's impossible to believe both that science is valid, and that there are some things that science cannot explain. Given the scientific background you claim, this is simply astonishing. Incomprehensible.

Any real scientist knows very well indeed that there are things science cannot explain. Good scientists take great pains to describe such limits and gaps in great detail.

Some theists, OTOH, think their beliefs can and should run roughshod over established science as and when it's convenient for them. Some think everyone should accept such beliefs, and that the law should be used to enforce compliance.

Those who do not appreciate the difference between knowing there are gaps in what science can explain, and allowing or expecting (blind) faith to over-ride well-established, verifiable science, should refrain from describing themselves as scientists or logicians. They might upset some of the real ones.

And this, by the way, is exactly why Huckabee and his ilk have no business in the White House. It's not any specific belief (e.g. creationism) - that's just observed evidence. It's the propensity for deliberately switching off rational thought at unpredictable moments. You never know when, or on what issues, beliefs will cut in and over-ride logic.

QFT.

McCain-Thompson: a paragon ticket of youth and vitality. No thanks. Appearances count. See Clinton-Gore for comparison. Two more studly men could not be imagined.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom