Could McCain Choose Huckabee as VP running mate? (1 Viewer)

OMG, Creationism from a Republican? Who woulda thunk it?????????

On a more serious note...I believe McCain will take anyone for VP he darn well pleases. He's proven he won't kowtow to the RNC or the conservative talking heads. With that said...I wouldn't be shocked if he took Huckabee although I've seen it argued Romney makes more political sense.

Lieberman has already said he wouldn't do it.

If he were smart he'd make peace with Romney and put him on the ticket. The "conservative" Republicans have been so supportive of Romney in an effort to derail McCain they would have to fall in line. They have been as hateful of Huckster (if not more-so) than McCain so Huckabee doesn't buy him anything with the conservative base just the religious extremists.

I agree that Romney is a better political choice than Huckabee. However, I have a question.

I don't here the term extremists kicked around much. Do you differentiate between an extremist and an evangelical?

As a Christian I believe it is my responsibility to evangelize; however, as an American I don't believe the country has to follow my religious practices. That being said, my political principles are built around my morals that are built on my values and are aligned with my Religious beliefs.

One other thing...Huckabee garners support from tax reformers (from both parties) because of his support of the Fairtax. Fairtax isn't party specific and appeals to Dems, Independents and Reps. That support could be a gain for McCain in the GE.

I'm a huge Christian and conservative but I prefer my politicians to be able to open their eyes enough to look around them and admit evolution takes place. I believe God controls evolution so its not the creationism that gets me, its the 'not looking at the facts around us, right now', part.

All that being said, Huckabee strikes me as the most honest and sincere candidate out there. Obama comes in second with Hillary and Romney looking worse than the Saints 07 draft class. I would vote for McCain for the nomination and I would love the pick of Huckabee as a VP. Its almost a no brainer for McCain.

Last edited:
I agree that Romney is a better political choice than Huckabee. However, I have a question.

I don't here the term extremists kicked around much. Do you differentiate between an extremist and an evangelical?

As a Christian I believe it is my responsibility to evangelize; however, as an American I don't believe the country has to follow my religious practices. That being said, my political principles are built around my morals that are built on my values and are aligned with my Religious beliefs.

One other thing...Huckabee garners support from tax reformers (from both parties) because of his support of the Fairtax. Fairtax isn't party specific and appeals to Dems, Independents and Reps. That support could be a gain for McCain in the GE.

IMO anyone who wants to force their religious morality on others via the power of government is an extremist. There is a difference between wanting to evangelize and get others to CHOOSE Christian morality and seeking to legalize said morality and punish those that don't or take rights away from those that don't.

IMO anyone who wants to force their religious morality on others via the power of government is an extremist. There is a difference between wanting to evangelize and get others to CHOOSE Christian morality and seeking to legalize said morality and punish those that don't or take rights away from those that don't.

I guess, IMO, it would also depend on what exactly the issue is. Like abortion, I view that as murder, the taking of a human life, if someone I knew planned on murdering someone, then I certainly wouldn't consider myself an extremist for trying stop them....but if I were trying to force people to pray or something then I would be an extremist.

It's calls his ability to use logic and make decisions using facts into serious question.

I knew there was a reason I could not get this darn building design done very quickly tonight...

and the wife likely kill her next patient tommorrow, better warn her not to count on that 12 years of post high school education and training, thanks!

I guess, IMO, it would also depend on what exactly the issue is. Like abortion, I view that as murder, the taking of a human life, if someone I knew planned on murdering someone, then I certainly wouldn't consider myself an extremist for trying stop them....but if I were trying to force people to pray or something then I would be an extremist.

Or if you, hypothetically, wanted to amend the Constitution to conform with God's law? :ezbill:

Or if you, hypothetically, wanted to amend the Constitution to conform with God's law? :ezbill:

I like Huck a lot but that was really really not smart of him to say that, and as a Christian wonder why he even would think that in those words.

I vehemently oppose a constitutional amendment that requires stoning women who have premarital sex.

I vehemently oppose a constitutional amendment that requires stoning women who have premarital sex.

Or that requires a widow to marry her brother in law.

Obviously an amendment requiring slaves to obey their masters is out with me.

I would support one requiring people to render to Caesar what is Caesars.

Oh, and one making me the leader of my home and forcing my wife to obey me. I'm tired of getting pushed around. :hihi:

OK....you just labeled anyone that believes in God or has a faith of some kind as stupid :angryrazz:

You know, not everyone who believes in God or has faith believes in Creationism. It's possible to have faith that there is a god and believe in evolution. Belief in Creationism is simply a willingness to sacrifice logic and facts for faith. And, that's fine if that's what you choose, but personally I don't want a person who is willing to ignore facts and logic governing my country.

Look, if someone wants to get a chick high after premarital sex, that their business. .

Ohhhhh, you mean real stones! Nevermind

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom