Could Quinten Patton Muscle into Round #1? (1 Viewer)

BuddyDeesGhost

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I just read that the Vikings are now possibly looking to grab LA Tech receiver Quinten Patton with their second 1st round pick (they have 2 picks).

The highlight footage on youtube is underwhelming, but the stats on this guy are unbelievable. Combine scouts compared him to Reggie Wayne, which is a pretty high compliment.

Since many of you here are high on Tavon Austin or Patterson, you might want to take a look at this guy. I'm not advocating, just pointing him out FYI.

I watched the La Tech and A&M game and he was unbelievable.
reminded me of a larger Steve Smith of Carolina. He caught everything even close to him or it was a defensive pass interference call(sometimes both)
I think first round might be a little high, but would love to see him opposite of Colston. A dangerous possession receiver with the ability to break a few loose.

The LaTech fan in me would love to see Patton on the Saints, the Saints fan in me would want to see them draft defense in the 1st

The LaTech fan in me would love to see Patton on the Saints, the Saints fan in me would want to see them draft defense in the 1st

No doubt it would be nice to have another weapon on offense and if we picked an offensive player I would back it. We need play makers on defense our offense is dangerous as is our defense on paper is moving towards better than average. We need that one piece on defense,that player that can put pressure on opposing quarterbacks or at least bring enough attention to open it up for other players but that's my opinion only.

I was at the Tech-A&M game too....Tech could've won that game if they stuck with Patton on the last 2-pt conversion instead of getting cute with a misdirection. Quentin is going to be a solid NFL receiver--it's been fun watching him get more and more attention as the draft draws closer. He'll go in the 2nd round

None of these relievers are real first round talents.

Austin is too small and will be destroyed in the NFL

Patterson can't win the jump ball and used his body too much with Bray's strong arm throws.

Patton is raw. His competition is the reason for the outlandish stats.

Allen is actually the best on film, but his awful 40 time and bad workout raises a lot of questions

boil some crawfish and pull the tails off and make a wish, if he doesn't make it into the first round , at least you had a good meal.

Q. Patton is no question a 1st round talent. Will he go there....who knows but the guy is a beast. I too was at the A&M game and many others and he can't be stopped on the field and is a huge locker room leader as well. Again thought...who knows but I hope he gets 1st round money and makes many Pro Bowls/All Pro.

This guy, is a beastay and the fact that he is a coming from a small school and use making a name for his self says something

I am not sure he goes that high, but he is climbing. Another name to through out there is Deandre Hopkins. 6-1 215 and a 4.5, he is sneaking his way up too and was already a bit ahead of Patton. Very good chance he could land at the end of the first IMO. I think it is a possibility that either could be the best WR out of this draft 3 years from now.

I like him a lot but he screams 2nd round

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

You are absolutely right! It kills me not to have a 2nd round pick this year because there are so many players in this year's draft who don't "feel" right as first rounders, but look like excellent 2nd round gambits!

IMHO Richarson, Fluker, Patton, Shamarko Thomas, Jamie Collins, Manti Teo, Montee Ball, ad infinitum...you name em - are among many players in this year's draft who seem like workhorse-type players. Not of pro-bowl caliber, but serviceable for many years to come. Vikings are very fortunate to have the extra pick to burn this year of all years! This may be the "Year of the Workhorse".

Also, thanks for all the info on patton everybody! Sound like most of you have seen more of him than me.

None of these relievers are real first round talents.

Austin is too small and will be destroyed in the NFL

Patterson can't win the jump ball and used his body too much with Bray's strong arm throws.

Patton is raw. His competition is the reason for the outlandish stats.

Allen is actually the best on film, but his awful 40 time and bad workout raises a lot of questions

I guess you didn't read that Patton had a monster game against A&M!! Over 200 yards receiving. What any receiver does in the NFL depends on tbe QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom