Could some of you members on Mobile Devices check something for me? (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you have a non-safari mobile device I need some feedback testing something.

Now, when scrolling down a page on SR, the Top Bar in the header (With the Forum Navigation links) should stack on top of the Main Navigation and float down the page for easy access to the menus from anywhere you are on the page. Basically like what you see below.

I would like to know if it is working properly across all platforms. I've tested it in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox on my PC, as well as Safari on iPad and iPhone. But that is all that I have to test it with. So if you have a Samsung Galaxy or anything else that uses a different browser, could you let me know if it is working by refreshing this page, start scrolling, and see if the two navigational menus converge and float down as you scroll?

1530143961517.png

BTW - If you don't like the feature you can turn it off in your preferences.

1530147956054.png

I just noticed. Great idea! So I don't have to go back to main forum to switch forums.

It is working on Safari, and FireFox Mobile.

Awesome, Fellows! I really appreciate the help. :9:

Hmm, was not working with chrome on my pixel 2 xl, so I went to check the setting. Started working then...

On a Huawei P9 Lite - Android 7.0 using updated Chrome.

The floating top bar works fine when I'm on the main page on a board, like SSF or EE, but once I actually click on a thread the floating function stops working and the bar is stuck on the top. Doesn't work that way on the PC or my tablet, but unsure if it's a bug or a feature.

Mine ( Galaxy s7 ) It stays at top of page. No float

Galaxy S5 when in a thread top menu dissappears when scroll down but appears when scroll up. Chrome browser and up to date android.

On my Samsung internet browser.

Top.

Screenshot_20180628-093836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Down a bit.

Screenshot_20180628-093900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks like the bar with the sub forum quick links dont float, but the rest does.

Gosh, didn't think those images would be so giant...

And I love the Gavel image for moderator actions..haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom