Could Steven Jackson go to the Falcons? (1 Viewer)

I'd actually be happy if this happened. Of all the realistic choices out there for them, Jackson is probably the one that scares me the least.

Did you watch SJax at all last year? He's a wrecking ball. I absolutely don't want to see him in ATL.

LOL Yeah Steven... one good RB, a couple pass rushers, a competent QB, a TE, offensive line, and a head coach away from it too.

Well, they won 6 more regular season games than us and were a nerve-wracking ten yards away from a SB berth, so if they're that far away, I shudder to think of how long our list would hypothetically be.

Steven Jackson will be a big upgrade over Michael Turner. It's a smart move.

But he is aging, the RB position is just not that valuable anymore, and a Falcons defense that really wasn't as good as their numbers suggested (and the numbers dont suggest they were great anyways) is going to slip even further.

They're going to be leaning heavily on a 38 year old Gonzalez (if he returns), 30 year old RB Steven Jackson, and 32 year old Roddy White (didn't realize he was that old did you) on offense even as their aging defense is fixing to go through some big turnover.

Listing the ages of players has no bearing on the production of the people in question. They are highly productive players.

And I had to chuckle that you said RB is not that valuable anymore when the Seahawks rely heavily on Lynch for success.

I have no clue if the Falcons will sign Jackson. We'll find out soon enough, but there is no doubt he is a highly valuable player and will significantly improve the running game of any team he plays for.

As for the rest, it is impossible to say what any teams' prospects are for the upcoming season when FA hasn't even happened yet, and the draft is yet to come, as well as camp additions, etc. It's just a rash of wishful thinking on your part...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom