Could Steven Jackson go to the Falcons? (2 Viewers)

imnosaint

Beer Vendor
Reaction score
Somebody talk some reason and get me off the ledge. If he voids his contract, and goes on the market could the Falcons sign him? They're getting rid of Turner and probably want a bigger RB. Do they have the cap room to grab him? He's got a lot of mileage on him, but would scare the hell out of me a whole lot more than Turner has.

Report -- Steven Jackson of St. Louis Rams plans to void contract - ESPN

I'd actually be happy if this happened. Of all the realistic choices out there for them, Jackson is probably the one that scares me the least.

No reason they couldn't. Risky business to sign old RBs. Only way is to agree a 1 year deal or cap friendly if cut after 1 year.

Alot of teams with better money. It would only be nice if they severely overpay. Is he looking for playoff contention?

Jason Cole (take it FWIW) tweeted earlier that Atlanta is exactly where he thinks SJ may land.

I didn't post, because it was just a tweet with no link or story to back it up.

Here's what he said:

Steven Jackson looks like he's head to Atlanta
To piggyback on @jthom1 report on Jackson, his likely landing spot seems to be Atlanta based on what was happening at the NFL scouting combine. about 3 hours ago

I'm not sure what the reference to the combine means, again which was partly why I didn't post, plus I couldn't find the direct reference to jthom1 report although I did figure out that jthom1 is a STL reporter.

Jason Cole (take it FWIW) tweeted earlier that Atlanta is exactly where he thinks SJ may land.

I didn't post, because it was just a tweet with no link or story to back it up.

Here's what he said:

I'm not sure what the reference to the combine means, again which was partly why I didn't post, plus I couldn't find the direct reference to jthom1 report although I did figure out that jthom1 is a STL reporter.

No RBs "jumping off the page" at the combine i guess to be selected at 29-30 ( wherever they select) Looks like the cream of RBs will be gone before that range of pick. Selecting a 2nd tier RB at that number would be reaching.

Im curious to see how Atlanta approaches this. They want a shifty, speedy/quick guy to play out the backfield to help Ryan.

No RBs "jumping off the page" at the combine i guess to be selected at 29-30 ( wherever they select) Looks like the cream of RBs will be gone before that range of pick. Selecting a 2nd tier RB at that number would be reaching.

Im curious to see how Atlanta approaches this. They want a shifty, speedy/quick guy to play out the backfield to help Ryan.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured after I posted. I just wasn't sure and haven't really paid much attention to the offensive side of the ball with the exception of watching some of the OL drills the other day.

I have been thinking this for a while now. Steven Jackson will take alot less money to play for a team that has playoff potential. He has been stuck in hell in St.Louis his whole career. Sure there are probably alot of teams out there with more money but IMO its not what he is looking for. He might not have much tread left on his tires but I'd rather not have him sign with the falcons.

Jackson will be 30 this summer. I hope they sign him to a long-term deal.

I think the Falcons are rumored to be interested simply because he is a power back that is capable of catching out of the backfield while also sharing some carries with Quizz. I can't see a deal with more than 2 MAYBE 3 years max. This would also afford time for any RB drafted later to take their time getting NFL ready (possibly Lattimore in the 3rd or 4th round).

sent from the point of no return

As much as that guys has given us hell years past, I'd still rather they get a declining player like him than draft a guy a like Eddie Lacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom