Could the push for Clowney have been more about Cam? (1 Viewer)

We know about it. He Had off-season surgery and has been playing through that recovery process. He’s not 100% yet.

So we don’t think there’s any chance he may be slowing?
I respectfully disagree with that assessment. 😊

So we don’t think there’s any chance he may be slowing?
I respectfully disagree with that assessment. 😊
I didnt say that at all. We simply don’t know for sure if he is or isn’t. We need a larger sample size. But, my only point in the quoted post was that we do know what his injury was. It isn’t unknown.

Clowney was a top talent who was available on the market because his cap demand exceeds his productivity. The Saints tried b/c they were all in and like Suh the year before were lucky the defensive lineman signed elsewhere. Cam's early season lack of production was likely due to double teams and a slow stretch. Cam is the best defensive lineman the Saints have ever had and may be a hall of famer. I seriously doubt this organization ever wants to see him go. His contract for a top defensive lineman is reasonable. He is also very good against the run indicative of our top run defense stats to fit the defense we run.

He's coming back from core surgery. I'm sure that's something you just don't completely heal from overnight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom