Could the push for Clowney have been more about Cam? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I remember that we made a late push for Clowney and assumed it was in regards to worry over Marcus’ injuries. Now I’m starting to wonder if it was just as much about Cam’s injuries, execution level etc.

Cam has been such a stud and an Ironman for a decade, but he seems to finally be slowing. Father Time is undefeated.

Admittedly I don’t know if Clowney plays both end spots. I do know he’s good against the run just as Cam is.

I remember that we made a late push for Clowney and assumed it was in regards to worry over Marcus’ injuries. Now I’m starting to wonder if it was just as much about Cam’s injuries, execution level etc.

Cam has been such a stud and an Ironman for a decade, but he seems to finally be slowing. Father Time is undefeated.

Admittedly I don’t know if Clowney plays both end spots. I do know he’s good against the run just as Cam is.

I think I remember another thread on this topic many weeks ago unless I'm having dejavu.

Also, he had that big injury last year where the tendon or whatever was torn off the bone and still played the entire season before having surgery. He still may not be 100%.

Edit: Just a few minutes of the search and here you go.

Last edited:
I think I remember another thread on this topic many weeks ago unless I'm having dejavu.

Also, he had that big injury last year where the tendon or whatever was torn off the bone and still played the entire season before having surgery. He still may not be 100%.
Oh I agree with that. Definitely think he’s hurt, also think being an Ironman at that position for so long has taken a toll.

Not sure it is Father Time. He shows up every week on the injury report. I think it might be similar to AK last year. Playing through something we don’t know about
I do think he’s injured, I just think it’s a combination of the two. He’s been so strong and played so many snaps it has to have taken a toll imo.

Oh I agree with that. Definitely think he’s hurt, also think being an Ironman at that position for so long has taken a toll.

When you tear a muscle completely off the bone, it's going to take time to get back. He didn't have the surgery until off-season so it may take him another year to really get back up to speed.

I don't think it was about Cam. I don't think it was about Davenport. I don't think it was about Hendrickson. It's about pass rushers, you can never have too many.

pretty much that’s it. But neither Can nor Dav were 100 percent at the time so really all these things are connected. The injuries just highlight your fact that you cannot have enough.

Clowney was paid a 6 mil signing bonus and has a base salary of 5 mil. He has NO sacks this year and has spent more time in the trainers room than on the field

Everyone also wanted Leonard Furnette and look how that is turning out. It's not

Cam has 35 tackles, 20 solo, 15 assisted and 2.5 sacks in 2020 Yes, Cam is slowing down but he still brings leadership to the defense where Clowney has issues of staying healthy and being on the field of play.

Advantage, Cam

Clowney was paid a 6 mil signing bonus and has a base salary of 5 mil. He has NO sacks this year and has spent more time in the trainers room than on the field

Everyone also wanted Leonard Furnette and look how that is turning out. It's not

Cam has 35 tackles, 20 solo, 15 assisted and 2.5 sacks in 2020 Yes, Cam is slowing down but he still brings leadership to the defense where Clowney has issues of staying healthy and being on the field of play.

Advantage, Cam
Don’t misconstrue. I neither advocated for Clowney nor Fournette.
Was just curious.

Not sure it is Father Time. He shows up every week on the injury report. I think it might be similar to AK last year. Playing through something we don’t know about
We know about it. He Had off-season surgery and has been playing through that recovery process. He’s not 100% yet.

I don't think it was about Cam. I don't think it was about Davenport. I don't think it was about Hendrickson. It's about pass rushers, you can never have too many.

This. The health at the position looked a little shaky so they went after the best DE on the market once his price tag dropped to a reasonable level. In hindsight obviously we dodged a bullet but at the time it made a lot of sense. At that time nobody knew Trey Hendrickson was going to go absolutely berserk this season.

Agreed, it was about quality depth...at that price tag I'm glad we didn't sign him, never liked him. Always thought he was vastly overrated based on a few spectacular plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom