Could the Saints play on a few Thursday Night games this year (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The thread about the Bengals game got me thinking. If the NFL has flexible scheduling and the game we are playing if pretty important, could the Saints play on a Thursday night this year or anytime in the future?

I think that would be cool to see the Saints on a Thursday Night game, especially if its an important game.

Any thoughts on this one?

Not sure, but, we'll have a decision on the Bengals game this week. They were talking about it on WWL Radio one day this week while I was in the car.

alon, would you want this team playing on a Thursday Night late in the season? It would be pretty hard on the players to play in those type of conditions so soon after the Pittsburgh game if we indeed do that or are ordered to by the NFL office.

I mean who would be able to go to game on a Thursday night, seriously?
Would that be kind of hard on some fans?

Thursday night games are set and can't be changed. Only Sunday games can move to that night, and league has to announce that 12 days in advance.

PLEASE no Thursday games.... Gawd people it istough running up and down the highway for us out of towners.......... Sunday night?? cool..... MNF..if you must..... BUT ENOUGH.....lol

Where do you find out which teams will play on Sunday night? and When?
Keep an eye on http://www.nfl.com/schedules. Nothing else has been changed yet, but someone is going to be moved every Sunday. They have to announce it at least 12 days in advance. That means the November 19 late game should be announced today or tomorrow...

Next year, the Saints will be playing on the first Thursday to open the season. The Super Bowl champs always do. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Saints/Falcons game gets moved to Sunday night this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Saints/Falcons game gets moved to Sunday night this year.
Another one I'm really looking at is the Saints @ Giants on Christmas Eve, especially if it is for bye-week positioning. A day game in New Jersey will likely be cold enough ... hate to have that game moved to Sunday night and have the mercury drop below 20 degrees.

With Brees and Colston having lots of cold-weather experience, it might not be the huge issue I am thinking. But still.

Another one I'm really looking at is the Saints @ Giants on Christmas Eve, especially if it is for bye-week positioning. A day game in New Jersey will likely be cold enough ... hate to have that game moved to Sunday night and have the mercury drop below 20 degrees.

With Brees and Colston having lots of cold-weather experience, it might not be the huge issue I am thinking. But still.

There is no Sunday night game that evening, so thats not possible. Its a bummer that game isn't played a different week as it is a prime canidate the way things are going.

The Saints played against the Falcons for the first Thursday night game ever played in the NFL. We lost in double overtime to the Falcons. Freddy Mcafee had a great game with over 100 yards rushing. I think the year was 1991.

I bet you anything that the Saints/Panthers game on New Year's Eve turns out to be an important game too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom