Could the Saints pull a Pickett/Steelers and draft hometown college kid Michael Pratt from Tulane ? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I haven’t been following Tulane or Pratt real closely , and i have no idea how high this Pratt kid is expected to go in the Draft (or drafted at all)- but i know he’s had a very solid season , he accounted for 5 TDS yesterday and , along with HC Willie Fritz, has freaking Tulane in a probable New Years Six bowl game… What sayeth the SSF ?

I think the kid needs another year at Tulane. He can still be a little erratic at times. Not a high draft pick at this point.

I don’t think he is that good. Backup at best.

I think u mean sellers’ market, no ?
As I saw it, the poster was saying Pratt should stay in to get better - if he gets better he goes at a higher draft level
If we could get him for a 6 now instead of a 2 next year, the ‘market’ is better for the buyer, yeah?
(admittedly, financials is not my bag)

As I saw it, the poster was saying Pratt should stay in to get better - if he gets better he goes at a higher draft level
If we could get him for a 6 now instead of a 2 next year, the ‘market’ is better for the buyer, yeah?
(admittedly, financials is not my bag)

I am most definitely no economist either.. but i was looking at it like there is a shortage of good QBs in the NFL, so if he comes out sooner, he’d be snapped up since NFL teams need capable QBs and there is a dearth of them.. Pratt being the ‘seller’ in this scenario.… basically supply and demand… and he’d be striking while the proverbial iron is hot .. but yeah, i suppose from a Saints’ perspective your explanation could make sense .

I am most definitely no economist either.. but i was looking at it like there is a shortage of good QBs in the NFL, so if he comes out sooner, he’d be snapped up since NFL teams need capable QBs and there is a dearth of them.. Pratt being the ‘seller’ in this scenario.… basically supply and demand… and he’d be striking while the proverbial iron is hot .. but yeah, i suppose from a Saints’ perspective your explanation could make sense .
I think the conventional wisdom is if someone is a projected first or second rounder you come out early- otherwise, on average you wind up costing yourself millions

QB … third round. Dugan from TCU. I’d be good with dat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom