Could the Saints pull a Pickett/Steelers and draft hometown college kid Michael Pratt from Tulane ? (1 Viewer)

QB … third round. Dugan from TCU. I’d be good with dat
Neither Dugan nor Pratt are starter material in NFL, but I would take Pratt before Dugan as a passer. Dugan a better runner who reminds me of Sam Erlich fro Texas last year, now a colt.

I haven’t been following Tulane or Pratt real closely , and i have no idea how high this Pratt kid is expected to go in the Draft (or drafted at all)- but i know he’s had a very solid season , he accounted for 5 TDS yesterday and , along with HC Willie Fritz, has freaking Tulane in a probable New Years Six bowl game… What sayeth the SSF ?
No. Maybe we can sign him as a fa after the draft.

I haven’t been following Tulane or Pratt real closely , and i have no idea how high this Pratt kid is expected to go in the Draft (or drafted at all)- but i know he’s had a very solid season , he accounted for 5 TDS yesterday and , along with HC Willie Fritz, has freaking Tulane in a probable New Years Six bowl game… What sayeth the SSF ?
I don't think his games works in the NFL. The kid does have heart though.

Trade Sean Payton.
Saints draft Carter DT Georgia.
We definitely need much help on that woeful line. I’ve only seen Carter once (against the Buckeyes) he was a non factor in that game, iirc. The commentators even alluded to that.

I've been following tulane since the refs screwed them out of a bowl game a few years ago and I'll say this... Pratt reminds me more of taysom hill than a traditional nfl qb. I think taysom could excel with sean payton and probably Pratt too because Payton is a maniac but I don't think taysom would succeed as a qb in most places... same as Pratt. I do think Pratt has immense potential to thrive in that rb/qb/fb/wr/ST ace role.

No kidding, this kid looks like one of the better kids out there. High hopes for this kid, kids.

I've been following tulane since the refs screwed them out of a bowl game a few years ago and I'll say this... Pratt reminds me more of taysom hill than a traditional nfl qb. I think taysom could excel with sean payton and probably Pratt too because Payton is a maniac but I don't think taysom would succeed as a qb in most places... same as Pratt. I do think Pratt has immense potential to thrive in that rb/qb/fb/wr/ST ace role.

Pratt has good wheels, as demonstrated yesterday. But his skill set seems to be more complete than Taysom Hill's coming out of BYU.

Pratt has improved his completion percentage and yards per attempt each of his three years at Tulane. Hill was all right as a passer at BYU, but he never approached Pratt's junior year passing efficiency rating (161.8) over a full season of games.

Pratt has also filled out since his freshman year, when he was in the 195-200 lb range. He now plays at 220, and so is almost exactly the same size as Taysom Hill (6'2", 221).

If the reports are accurate, Pratt plans to return to Tulane for the 2023 season. If he can build up his game even more throughout his senior year, he's going to get a legit shot at a starting job in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom