Could the Saints trade with the Lions? (1 Viewer)

This draft is deep. Rather than trading up, I’d rather see the Saints find a parter so they can trade down and get another significant pick. Then again that could prove difficult unless a team has their eye on someone they can nab at 24.

Yes, I will trade with Detroit, but the other way, get additional picks starting with their second rounder.

There is no way that we can get to pick#2 without giving away important draft resources of future years. No point to that.

And to be honest, I don't see why Detroit will be interested to trade that far down. We know they want to go down, but be sure only as low as they have the trust they can have one of the top rated defensive players.

Once again, not every team is infatuated with our players, and other general managers look for their interest of their own teams, not the saints.

Saints not trading kamara unless hes being a real problem. If kamara going get paid he going get paid amd probably have his contract restructure.

If the Saints moved up all the way into the Lions pick, I’d be hoping they do it for Isaiah Simmons.
Simmons is a slam-dunk pick, and he will immediately bolster whatever defense he lands with. He can work to neutralize guys like CMAC and athletic TEs, and he should be a premier LB for years to come. LBs and RBs tens to make the biggest/most immediate impacts as rookies.
If the Saints are all-in for next season... Simmons helps that cause instantly

I do not think the saints are trading Kamara, nor do i want them to. However, what if they did trade him to Lions. Then took that pick, our current pick, and with other players (like Taysom Hill) to get to number 1?

Good running backs we've let walk during SP's tenure:

Pierre Thomas
Chris Ivory
Darren Sproles
Khiry Robinson

Not sure what makes you think we're attached to any RB.

First I don't think we are trading Kamara this year (just a gut feeling)....but if we could get a high 2nd round pick for him I wouldn't dismiss the possibility, especially if the Saints don't plan on making him very likely the highest paid RB in the NFL next year.

As for above , in almost all cases, apples to oranges.....actually Reggie Bush is probably the only somewhat decent comparison but he is not in Kamara's class as a runner, never had the field vision....

Kamara will be 25 years old when he signs his 2nd contract. If healthy he has bonafide superstar skills and abilities both as a RB and a receiver. Lets compare that to the others...

PT - clearly on his last legs when we let him walk. He was 30 years old, he had a one game stint with the 9ers, got cut then played a few games for the Skins and retired.

Ivory - a one trick pony, he was a punishing runner who struggled to stay healthy. He wasn't much of a receiver or blocker (pass protection), I fully expected the Saints to trade him and was happy to get a 4th round pick for him.

Darren Sproles - honestly thought they could have held onto him for a few more years but he was 31. Contrary to popular belief, he really didn't do much for the Eagles if you look at his numbers, pretty much spot duty. And we got a 5th round pick for him.

Khiry - loads of talent as a runner, again, just an ok receiver and blocker. But injuries (2 broken legs) cut his career short. I always felt bad for him as I think he could have had a decent career as a backup RB.

All of the guys above were not retained because they were either aging (Sproles) or not as dynamic as SP likes in a RB (the Saints under SP have never signed a RB to a 2nd contract that was not dynamic, good at receiving and pass pro).

Kamara (when healthy) is great at everything....In the end I would like to see him stay a Saint but not at the expense of not being able to retain Latt or Ram.....

My post used evidence of the team's actual previous actions in similar situations. Yours is just repeating your pseudo-psychic abilities.
Your post used examples of the team jettisoning other running backs. You can even add Reggie to the list. But the reality is, Mickey and Sean have no plans to trade Kamara. That is neither psychic nor pseudo-psychic. It is just a message.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom