Could the unthinkable happen again? (1 Viewer)

DahnVill

Guess which one is me!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So last year was pretty bad with Cam Newton being anointed the best thing since sliced bread and winning the MVP easily.

Well you've probably noticed the early MVP talk surrounding Matt Ryan. Yeah he's playing well but can the Falcons sustain this good start? It seems to me that the MVP is almost decided in the first 8-10 games every season thanks to the media bigging up whoever is having a good season and who fits their agenda, so I'm worried that Ryan will be this year's media choice to push for MVP.

Can you imagine that - 2 MVP QB's in the division and neither of them being Drew? I think I want to throw up.

Let's just hope Ryan cools down over the next few weeks, otherwise the unthinkable could happen. Again.

Drew has a SuperBowl MVP award and that is worth much more than the regular season "honor". The MVP award has about as much real meaning to me as a Pro-Bowl selection.

We do have the only Super Bowl mvp QB in the division and that's the only thing that matters to me

Well, it's definitely not impossible.
Sadly, I'd imagine Jameis Winston would win one before Drew Brees. It's just depressing how that award is given.

You are right though, the MVP is essentially awarded by mid season. Look at the 2011 season. Aaron Rodgers was insane-- however, so was Brees. However, despite the fact that Brees broke multiple records for a record breaking offense and Rodgers played on 15 games and had a somewhat tapered off second half of the season, there really wasn't a "competition" for the race.
Rodgers was essentially awarded MVP by week 4 and there was little Drew could do to get back in the conversation.

That's why the MVP is a joke.

Matt Ryan doesn't check the media's agenda boxes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

At some level I would enjoy seeing Matt Ryan become the first MVP QB to be shut out at home in the first round of the playoffs.

I don't care, I learned with CAM newton that this award means nothing

Man, I thought I'd enjoy this forum more during the bye after a win. But there is too much talk about how ATL is the best thing since sliced bread.

:smileypuker::smileypuker:

I don't care, I learned with CAM newton that this award means nothing

Not a Cam fan either.....but if you don't think he earned league MVP last year, then you must not have watched anything but the SB.

Not a Cam fan either.....but if you don't think he earned league MVP last year, then you must not have watched anything but the SB.

Meh. All I'll remember from that season is him being chicken **** when it came to diving on a ball. And he's not lighting the world on fire this year. He had a season. Good for me. He's not a world beater.

Meh. All I'll remember from that season is him being chicken **** when it came to diving on a ball. And he's not lighting the world on fire this year. He had a season. Good for me. He's not a world beater.

So you only saw him play in the super bowl? He 100% deserved the award last year. If you think otherwise, you are either a saints homer or a racist. Sorry, but it's true.

So you only saw him play in the super bowl? He 100% deserved the award last year. If you think otherwise, you are either a saints homer or a racist. Sorry, but it's true.

or maybe you're just a little out of touch....in 15 games Drew had 1000 more yards, a better rating, and a better completion percentage. So what made him the obvious choice over Drew? Winning record? That's not what the MVP is based on because with that D we would've been playing in the superbowl and not him.

or maybe you're just a little out of touch....in 15 games Drew had 1000 more yards, a better rating, and a better completion percentage. So what made him the obvious choice over Drew? Winning record? That's not what the MVP is based on because with that D we would've been playing in the superbowl and not him.

Obviously
Oh and Sam Bradford for MVP!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom