Could this be any truer (1 Viewer)

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is from Draftking.com
10. New Orleans Saints - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas �
One of the worst deals of the 2007 off-season was New Orleans signing 5'8" CB Jason David, a restricted free agent from the Colts, to a 4-year/$15.8 million dollar deal. The guy played in the Tampa Two in Indy, but that didn't stop the Saints from forking over big cash in a deal that they figured, rightfully so, that the Colts wouldn't match. Often times, players from Super Bowl champions get big paydays elsewhere, but when they are put into a system that doesn't suit them well, it can be problematic.

The result in the David deal for the Saints is that New Orleans was 30th against the pass in 2007. David often looked terrible in man coverage, almost to an embarrassing level. It was been bad enough to make many Saints fans forget about Fred Thomas getting burned bad in 2006. To point, David has missed three full games in 2007: ALL SAINTS WINS!!!!

Talib tore things up in the Orange Bowl, with a pick-six and a missed field goal return in the first half that helped propel Kansas to an upset win over Virginia Tech. He already had the size and speed -- and that performance on national television gave him great momentum going into the draft. And, at 6'2", he has the height to battle with taller receivers like few others in this draft can.

Yeah, they could take out the part about the Saints winning every game Jason David missed. JD missed the first Panthers game after breaking is arm against Tennessee, and the Saints lost.

yes, it could be truer...

if it had us picking someone else at 10 besides.. Alib Talib... he hurt himself today at the combine, many analyst are saying his hips are extremely scarily stiff and he might have slipped out of the 1st round... ouch!!!

And as David went, so too went the rest of the secondary. In the Chicago game I watched --in painful detail on replays-- our safetie(s) and CB (s) just take bite after bite on the play action fake. Those players or the scheme must be where the fault lies. Probably both... which is sad.

I would like Talib at #10....I like that guy for some reason

other players I like at #10 (Balmer, Rivers, Dorsey, Ellis) the last two are longshots.

Talib, Cromartie or Lofton.

I was not endorsing the Talib pick i just thought the description was dead on.
I want DRC!!!!!!!!!!

other players I like at #10 (Balmer, Rivers, Dorsey, Ellis) the last two are longshots.

Balmer would be the biggest reach in Saints history.

We were actually 2-2 in games David missed, but facts are overrated. Horray sensationalism.

Dorsey and Ellis are the only two sure things in this draft. Balmer and Rivers are the longshots.

This is from Draftking.com
10. New Orleans Saints - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas �
One of the worst deals of the 2007 off-season was New Orleans signing 5'8" CB Jason David, a restricted free agent from the Colts, to a 4-year/$15.8 million dollar deal. The guy played in the Tampa Two in Indy, but that didn't stop the Saints from forking over big cash in a deal that they figured, rightfully so, that the Colts wouldn't match. Often times, players from Super Bowl champions get big paydays elsewhere, but when they are put into a system that doesn't suit them well, it can be problematic.

The result in the David deal for the Saints is that New Orleans was 30th against the pass in 2007. David often looked terrible in man coverage, almost to an embarrassing level. It was been bad enough to make many Saints fans forget about Fred Thomas getting burned bad in 2006. To point, David has missed three full games in 2007: ALL SAINTS WINS!!!!

Talib tore things up in the Orange Bowl, with a pick-six and a missed field goal return in the first half that helped propel Kansas to an upset win over Virginia Tech. He already had the size and speed -- and that performance on national television gave him great momentum going into the draft. And, at 6'2", he has the height to battle with taller receivers like few others in this draft can.

Does anyone know Jason David's cap number if we cut him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom